1,117 results
All reviews marisol restaurant ocean view fire pit tide pools hotel restaurant central coast the cliff cal poly hot tub santa barbara avila beach beach access parking lot road trip valet louie dog
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Room and Staff were outstanding! Wait staff at the restaurant next door was kind, knowledgeable, and responsive. The only downside was the hosting at the front of the restaurant...as they were very inattentive

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Scott S ~ I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time with us! I am sorry to hear about your experience at the host stand, however, I hope the rest of your stay made up for this. I will share your review with our Restaurant Manager, I know he is making a concerted effort to focus on our guests' satisfaction and retraining our restaurant staff. I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

They cleaned my room before I checked out and threw away something I was saving. Nothing more than an apology, no attempt to correct or make the situation better. Irritated with the service and response to my complaint.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

I'm so sorry to hear this, Kilee W ~ I know the Front Desk was busy with your group's checkout (although this is not an excuse), but I am sorry they didn't take the time to correct our mistake while you were still on property. I hope the rest of your stay was satisfactory. Please let me know if there is something I can do to replace your item.
Thank you, Stephanie stephanie@cliffsresort.com

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Staff was helpful and friendly. Most rooms have ocean views, and ours (room 408) did, which was lovely. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony.

Air conditioning was weak; our room was too warm when we arrived, and it took a long time to cool down.

We could hear our neighbors through the closed doors that connect their room with ours. These doors need better sound insulation so that I don't have to hear their mirth and merry making.

Also, the doors to the rooms need spring dampers so that they close on their own, but don't slam. Slamming doors kept my wife awake for awhile.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view as some rooms don't have that.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

BillSJ ~ Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the view. However, I am sorry you were disturbed by the noise, I know how important a good night sleep is! I have shared your comments with our Maintenance Department to see how we can address these issues. Please don't hesitate to contact me to assist with a future stay, I would be happy to find a quiet room for you.
Thank you, Stephanie stephanie@cliffsresort.com

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this property for 4 nights for a business trip. So glad I decided to stay at this hotel. Although I was away on business, being at this resort made me feel like I was on vacation! Rooms are very modern, spacious, clean, and come with fireplaces! Check in was a breeze and had no issues at all. Ate at the restaurant connected to the hotel, and it was decent. Service wasn't all that great but convenient if you don't feel like leaving the resort.

Beautiful views of the ocean, and easy access right from the hotel grounds. Used the hot tub one night, and that was also very nice. Can't wait to come back here and visit beautiful Pismo!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Alexandria A ~ Thank you for the high praise, any time a business trip feels like vacation, we feel we have done our job! I hope we have a chance to welcome you back soon for a real vacation.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Great place for couples
The view is great and the spa is fun
Just to relax
You have to know that all rooms have a tub and curtain and the photos in booking and others sites are wrong the only room with clear glass in shower is the sea view suite
Breakfast is nice and not expensive

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Stefi B, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Galit S ~ I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stop off with us! As a result of your comments, I have contacted that site and removed their photo of our suite (which can only be reserved through our hotel directly). Yes, the majority of our rooms have a bathtub with shower and a shower curtain, a select few of our suites have the glass shower door. I hope we will have a chance to welcome you back again soon.