1,109 results
All reviews marisol restaurant ocean view fire pit tide pools hotel restaurant central coast the cliff upon check restaurant next door cal poly hot tub avila beach santa barbara beach access parking lot road trip valet
Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

Friendly, efficient reception. Nice size room with large TV, fireplace, balcony with beautiful views (ask for ocean view room). The bed was super comfy. Room and hotel were clean and well-kept for an older property. Pool is a little small. Nice happy hour and buffet breakfast ($20/person).

Stayed: August 2015
The_Cliffs_Resort, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Foodie1997 ~ I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and had a good night's sleep!
We hope to see you again soon, Stephanie

Reviewed 3 August 2015

This was a two night getaway for my husband and I. We found the room to be clean, fresh, and updated. The whole resort was well-kept. And all the staff was very friendly and helpful.

The pool was also great and the hotel restaurants have delicious food. There's really nothing I can say that's critical here.

The only thing I'd say to know is that if you're traveling as a couple you should be aware that it is a family-friendly place so it's very possible that if you are seated poolside you will get splashed! :)

Room Tip: Maybe request ocean view..
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
The_Cliffs_Resort, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2015

lookieloulou ~ I am so happy that you enjoyed our property and your time here with us! Our pool does get busy in the summer, I'm sorry if that disrupted your time here, but I'm glad you had a "lovely getaway"!
We look forward to your next stay, Stephanie

Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

Welcome- we were greeted with champagne, chocolate dipped strawberries and macaroons- that was the kind of welcome I loke
Rooms- five star, beautiful rooms, stunning ocean view. Great furniture and soothing color schemes
Bathrooms- all marble counters, floors and walls.
Service- awesome. Everyone greated with a great smile and hello
Location- stunning cliff views
Beach- a walk down the steps, nice view, hopping on to the rocks to enter the beach
Restaurant- good appetizers, drinks and yumm breakfast.
Overall experience- amazing, definitely coming back.

Stayed: July 2015

Harveer K ~ Thank you for the glowing review, I'm glad we were able to wow you! I love the photo of your welcome amenity! We look forward to spoiling you on your next visit.
Take care, Stephanie

Reviewed 25 July 2015

Very nice hotl perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Beautiful view, friendly staff, nice pool area and nice rooms with comfortable beds. Complimentary valet parking. Nice restaurant attached to the property. Nice walkway along the clif and stairs down to the beach and tide pools. Just south there is a nice park where we watched whales feeding In the bay. Awesome!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Momof2Virginia ~ I'm so happy you were able to see the whales, they have been putting on quite a show this summer! It sounds like you enjoyed our property as well, and your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback!
We hope to see you again soon, Stephanie

Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

Great hotel, good facilities inc heated pool, hot tub, gym, spa and complimentary valet parking. Onsite restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner at reasonable prices and very tasty big portions. Staff very friendly and helpful. We extended our stay it was so good.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
The_Cliffs_Resort, Manager at The Cliffs Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2015

garySI2146VC ~ that's great, I love that you enjoyed yourselves so much you stayed over! I hope we will see you again in the near future.
Take care, Stephanie