Stayed here for 2 nights with my family on our California Road trip and really enjoyed it. After a long drive from Yosemite we were ready for a bit of rest and relaxation and Dolphin Bay was he perfect stop.
The staff at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming - thanks to Carol, Cindy and Melissa for your help. The car valet guys were also brilliant.
We chose a 2 bed 2 bath oceanfront suite which was spacious and well equipped. We were in room 414 on the second floor - lovely sea views and set away from the pool and restaurant so it was nice and quiet. After 10 days on the road it was great to spread out in the lounge and watch movies on the big tv. Kitchen was good too - everything you could need. Also a washing machine which was a godsend! We were left a couple of washing capsules and other cleaning essentials which was a nice touch. There is a deli/store 5 mins walk where we shopped for breakfast provisions and snacks.
The reason I'm not giving 5 stars is that the decor in our suite and the common areas is slightly dated. Also we asked for a twin room for our children (13 and 16) and got a double. Apparently twin beds were not available so our son had to sleep on the sofa bed in the lounge which was not ideal.
The pool is fine - attractive, clean and perfect temperature. Lots of towels and fresh water to drink by the pool. There is a server to bring drinks and snacks if you need them. However No lifeguard or pool attendant to help us with beds though, so had to find our own beds and move them around. THe website describes it as an Infinity Pool - which it isn't but perhaps Infinity pool means something different in US?
We dined at Lido, the hotel restaurant, in our first night which was good. Friendly servers and quick service. I had salmon which was delicious.
Thanks again for a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set along the bluffs above one of the most beautiful coastlines in America, Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa offers exclusive 1 and 2-bedroom suites designed for elegance and comfort. Each suite provides a spacious living and dining room, fully equipped gourmet kitchen, a balcony (or patio), along with all of the finest amenities. Lido Restaurant and Bar features tempting California Coastal cuisine with an emphasis on locally produced food and wines. Treat yourself to a luxurious treatment at The Spa at Dolphin Bay. From the sweeping ocean views to the impeccable service, you will escape the ordinary Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Bay Resort And Spa
- Dolphin Bay Hotel Pismo Beach