We booked a family holiday and booked into their ocean view 2 bedroom apartment. Owing to it being previously a condo, the apartment had all the facilities of being at home, and having a washing machine was a definite plus as we were on a 3 week driving in holiday with 2 kids. The rooms were clean and the apartment was roomy with a comfortable sitting area and dining area for everyone to spread out into.
The kitchen was equipped with pots and pans etc so you could make meals instead of dining out. And staff at the hotel were very kind to provide anything else you could need if not already provided at the apartment.
The TVs had a much more extensive cable channels than what you'd find in a larger hotel so that was great too.
The hotel pool is not big so we worried that it may be overrun but when we were there it appears many people opted to go on day trips so it was pretty quite for our family to use. But if suddenly more people decided to stay it could have been too small and unpleasant to use.
Now the negatives: the structure of the apartments do not offer anything in the way of sound insulaiton between floors. We were on the second floor and the small kids upstairs were constantly running back and forth and we heard it all! Not very relaxing when you are in an otherwise peaceful environment. Nothing the hotel can do about either but a shame as their should be better sound proofing between floors.
Also, there is no air conditioning in any of the rooms! They have ceiling fans around the apartment but this we felt was not enough and we were generally hot when we were staying there. It appears they had originally had A/C when it was a condo but all of it was taken out when it converted to a hotel, I presume for cost reasons. Still you'd expect A/C now a days.
The parking next to the hotel was valet (free) but we felt there were never enough staff to fetch your car quickly. Sometimes, the reception desk personnel stepped in get the car, but given its not a huge property they should have gotten this part better. You could self park but that is a bit away from hotel lobby so with lots of luggage and kids, its not really convenient.
Overall we liked the area, albeit almost too quiet and the hotel was nice and staff tried to assist but overall it missed on many things important to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set along the bluffs above one of the most beautiful coastlines in America, Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa offers exclusive 1 and 2-bedroom suites designed for elegance and comfort. Each suite provides a spacious living and dining room, fully equipped gourmet kitchen, a balcony (or patio), along with all of the finest amenities. Lido Restaurant and Bar features tempting California Coastal cuisine with an emphasis on locally produced food and wines. Treat yourself to a luxurious treatment at The Spa at Dolphin Bay. From the sweeping ocean views to the impeccable service, you will escape the ordinary Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolphin Bay Resort And Spa
- Dolphin Bay Hotel Pismo Beach