“Place was very clean... in 1977”
Review of Sea Garden Motel

Sea Garden Motel
Ranked #27 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Cleveland, Ohio
“Place was very clean... in 1977”
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I would not wish a night in this place upon my worst enemy. Needless to say based on other reviews, this place is a cheap dirty dump I would have never stayed at if it wasn't 11 at night and every other place was full.

Pros:
It was a place to sleep and take a crap.

Cons:
I have a feeling they don't properly clean this place. When I was leaving, I saw the maid going into rooms with just a spray bottle and a roll of paper towels, then leaving less than a minute later. I think she just made the beds without even changing the sheets.
The TV in our room was missing most of its buttons and held together with a good amount of duct tape.
It was way overpriced, even after we haggled the owner down.
We were given these little round pieces of soap that combined only accounted for like a quarter of those thin bars hotels normally give you, and I am still suspicious of what exactly they were made out of...
There use to be a door next to the toilet that led out to a balcony, but the balcony was so rotted it was just about ready to collapse and the door was boarded up.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture. Honestly, just avoid the whole Pismo Beach area. It's really just a crummy place to be, unless you get into a nice hotel or like trailer parks.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank w3e4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 14 June 2005

I stayed here with my husband 5 years ago as part of our honeymoon road trip from Vancouver to Mexico and let me tell you, I never ever want to go back to Pismo Beach again just because of our horrible experience there. First off, we checked in late at night and just needed a place to sleep and this was the only place with any rooms left (we should've taken that as a sign). The owners were super-friendly at first trying to sell us their "jacuzzi room" for almost $200 (!) We opted for a standard room and found that it was located right behind this huge dumpster. Room was very prison-like - small, sad with creepy bathroom. Since we were exhausted, we just showered and went directly to bed. An hour later, we were woken up by kids watching tv and drinking in the room next to us. They weren't particularly loud, it was just that the walls were paper thin! I could even "smell" what the kids were smoking! When we complained to the owner, he got all defensive and pissed off that we woke him up. He wouldn't attend to us and told us good luck in getting Visa to refund my money, all this while swearing at us in his native language. What a jerk. Needless to say, we left at 5am feeling very pissed off and cheated. I hope that motel/hotel closes down for good. Please tell everyone to stay away from that place!

• Stayed May 2000
11 Thank Kat33

Travellers are raving about these Pismo Beach hotels

Reviewed 18 August 2004

BF and I stayed at this place for 2 weeks... We never recived room service the whole time. We asked for towels and such and the mangers of the place could barely speak english. The microwave and frig in the rooms smelled of smoke in a non smoking room. The place was small and I could hear the neighboring room. We payed a deposit on the use of the phone, one night we were asked to get off the phone by manager they needed the phone in office. Not sure what that was about but I have never dealt with so many problems in a hotel before. All in all I would say if you can check this place out before getting the room, unlike we did we reserved without knowing the condition of the place.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 February 2004

I was there with my boyfriend. I am not a princess by all means, but the place it discusting. Dirty, Smelly .. yuk.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 February 2004

We stayed there on New Years of 2002. The room was the size of my home bathroom. The bed is hard to sleep on and the bathroom smells of mold. I've seen better rooms at backwood truck stop H***** hotels.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member