All reviewsdodge ridgegood sizetook advantageperfect locationnext yearwoodspropertyweddingrvmarshmallowsrugsnowmandrivevenuesitesmilestove
Reviewed 31 August 2017

My wife and I have been visiting here for the past few years for weekend getaways and it has always been amazing. Just up the road from the Lair of the Bear, and sponsored by the Cal Alumni Association, this place is amazing. It's a quick 3 minute drive to the lake and is such a perfect place to stay. Each cabin has it's own fridge, microwave, TV, and comes with a french press and Peet's coffee (perfect for those of us coming from the Bay Area). Some of the cabins also have a full kitchen including a stove. We had our wedding here on August 19th and it was absolutely gorgeous. The tall trees and the private location was ideal. We rented out all the cabins for our guests and they loved it. It's always so clean and the staff is so helpful. They were on it with every small task we asked them to do. I appreciated their help and enthusiasm so much. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to get away for the weekend, who is maybe sick of Tahoe and actually looking for a more private, mountain escape or for someone looking for a rustic wedding setting.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017

We stayed in the RV area with electric only hookups. They do have a few full hookups, but those fill up fast. The Pinecrest RV dump site is only a mile or two down the road if you need it ($6). There is one public bathroom/shower on site that is for one person at a time.
The RV sites have a concrete pad to park, table and fire pit at each site. Large trees provide plenty of shade and the sites are a good size. If you have a large RV 30 ft or more, make sure you pick your site wisely. Some sites are tricky to back in. There are water spigots here and there on the property, near the chalets and full hookup sites. We had to connect 3 hoses together to fill our tank because we forgot to fill before we got there. I would suggest bringing a generator for backup. If we used our air conditioner it would pop the circuit. They are working on the electric problem with PG&E and hope to have it fixed by next year.
The only negative on the trip was the pool was closed 3 days while they tried to fix a problem with the pump.
The management is very friendly and helpful.
We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2017

This place was in the mountains and if you are into basic camping and roughing it, it is fine. However, if you are in an R.V.., it isn't so nice. It was expensive and when we got to our site, it was electricity only. No water, no sewer hookups. Plus, they didn't not have your regular bath and shower houses. Was not what I had in mind. The price was 66.00 for a night, and that is all you got. Do not recommend this place if you are wanting anything besides a place to sleep in the woods.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

My son and I spent a lovely night at Pinecrest Chalet. The location is absolutely perfect. After driving the 3 hours from San Jose - we checked in. The cabin was clean and spacious. The bed was comfy and the heater worked really well!
Before the reception office closed at 5pm, we borrowed some movies for the evening and took advantage of the hot chocolate (with big marshmallows) and tea that were available.
For dinner we drove to Cold Springs (less than 10 minute drive) although our cabin (k) had a stove and everything you need to cook there.
In the morning we drove the 10 or so minutes to Dodge Ridge Resort for a day of snowboarding.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Rebecca C
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the "Dodge" Chalet. Upon walking into the chalet we were all struck by the awful stench that filled the kitchen/living room area. It was awful. My kids named it the "smellet" instead of chalet. We tried to make the best of it and figured we would be gone most of the time skiing anyways. Really at this price point though, the chalet should have felt much more inviting. The chalet was overall run down and smelly. The location and proximity to Dodge Ridge was the only plus to this property. I wouldn't recommend staying here to any of our friends that are also planning ski trips to the area this season. I don't like to leave negative reviews, but this was really below my expectation. I'm not sure what the Alumni who who own the property are doing with the $$$$ that they are charging here, but they are certainly not putting it back into maintaining the properties. Really the bones and lay out of the chalet are good, but it all needs some major clean up and updating. There is major potential here and maybe at one time these were pretty nice. Don't expect any type of house cleaning. We were there Sat-Tues and never saw anyone around that maintains the property, yet, they leave an envelope in the chalet for housekeeping?!?!
There is wi-fi available which was nice. No phone service.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank run4rfun
Quinn D, General Manager at Pinecrest Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

Hello run4rfun,

We'd like to hear more about this stay. Please give us a call at 209.965.3276 - we'd like to make this right!

-Quinn