“Service make such a difference”
Review of Dal Rae

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rosemead Blvd.
Reviewed 14 March 2021 via mobile

Service make such a difference and Eileen was truly perfect. Not only was she warm, amenable, funny and nice, she made spot on recommendations. The food was classic steak house fare of years gone by BUT done to perfection. The last time we had such a perfect meal was at Cafe De La Paix in Paris. Ok, so being in a plastic tent in a parking lot is a far cry from Paris but with the right kind of convivial atmosphere of people enjoying great food- it was close to that magical dining experience. Thank you Dal Rae for reminding me and my partner about what good service is and how it is DONE.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank sunsetstripstan
Write a reviewReviews (208)

Reviewed 14 June 2020 via mobile

The Dal Rae is an iconic old school restaurant that has held on to the old school credo of provide a top notch dining experience and they will come and continue to come. And come we did. This was was their first Saturday open since the March shutdown. The Dal was open and busy. Our server Lydia was friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. In fact all staff were on top of their game tonight. My petite filet mignon with Bernaise sauce was delicious. My wife’s sea bass was flavorful tender and so satisfying. Dinner was topped off by cool refreshing lemoncello flutes. So comforting to be back with an old friend like the Dal Rae. Thank you Dal we missed you.

Date of visit: June 2020
2  Thank manuelaY1814UG
Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

A friend gifted me a certificate for this LA classic, I’d been there one before but first time for my wife. Made a reservation for a Friday night a few weeks back, most times seemed booked on Trip Advisor, took an 830.

When we arrived under their googie style sign the place was packed, it was no joke, they were busy! Checked in and bar area was full too, waited in their small lobby. Bottom line, make sure you have a reservation on the weekend.

Once seated (nice table) in the back of the dining room we settled on the crab claw appetizer (amazing, star of the show in our book), Caesar salad, bone in rib eye for me and sea bass for her. Caesar is table-side old school style and really good. The presentation adds to the salad for sure.

My wife really enjoyed her sea bass and my steak was excellent. Took half home and had a great Sunday lunch. Excellent service. Fun time, will be back

2  Thank eldorado17
Reviewed 23 February 2020 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic! We were seated per our reservation, service was fabulous!
The atmosphere was awesome. Think back to the old-school steakhouse with martinis and dimly lit booths.
I kept thinking I was going to look over and see Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra.
This place is packed make sure you have a reservation.
The food from start to finish was beyond our expectations-
They start you with a chilled relish tray and an amazing basket of breads.
We were a party of four and ordered the following-

Caesar salad made a table-side
Cheesy garlic bread
Steak Diane flambed at table-side served with lobster Thermidor.
Filet mignon- cooked a perfect medium rare.
Baked potatoes are included and served with all fresh toppings. There are other sides you can substitute.
Bananas foster flambed at table side
Grand Marnier Soufflé

We brought two bottles of wine, corkage fee is $25 per bottle.
Sounds like a lot of food, yes it was portions are generous and every delicious bite melted in your mouth. We are definitely going back and I cannot wait to have the filet mignon again!
Plan on spending $100 per person that included food, corkage and tip.
Well worth it!

Reviewed 14 February 2020 via mobile

Literally just returned home from another great meal and experience at the Dal Rae in Pico Rivera. Reservation was for 5pm, we were at our table by 5:05 on a super busy evening. Service was prompt efficient and friendly. We were in a side dining room which only had tables and no booths. Upon request our server took our picture by the room centerpiece as she did with a number of other diners. The Dal makes a great martini by the way. We thoroughly enjoyed the warm cheese bread along with the fresh crisp relish tray. My entree was the salmon with crab and my wife enjoyed the sea bass . Both were delicious. The lemoncello flute for dessert was the perfect end to another delicious Valentines Day meal from the Dal.

1  Thank manuelaY1814UG