“A piece of Jalisco, Mexico in PicoRivera”
Review of La Barca

La Barca
Ranked #18 of 132 Restaurants in Pico Rivera
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 December 2014 via mobile

We were invited to have dinner at this place last night and it was wonderful. It's authentic mexican food from the state of Jalisco at its best. Looking forward to go back soon. Best fajitas I have had ever.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

This restaurant is a fair representation of Mexican food from Jalisco a southern state of Mexico.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Like the title it does match since Pico Rivera is 99.9% mexican. But anyway, the food is great here. Not into mexican? Theres burgers...like me im not much of a mexican food fan but my parents are. The atmostphere is old. Such a lil place and it gets crowded on weekends. Waiters are sometimes slow. Yet a place to recommend

Reviewed 22 July 2011

The food is very good but the restaurant is a little run down. Imagine a converted Denny's from the 1980, modest, unassuming but it you can overlook the furniture, it is definately a place to take the family. We just ate there last Sunday and it was pretty good.
My mom (100% Mexicana) liked it so it had to be good. I had the chile relleno, sope and flauta. My husband had the Molcajete Mexicano (came with steak, chicken, chorizo, cheese and chile. My mom had the tacos de carne asada and tacos de birria. Everything was delicious. They have aguas frescas. My son had the Horchata which was home made and I had the tamarindo. I would totally recommend this place. Oh yea, the tortillas are home made. Most of the dinners come with an order of tortillas.

Reviewed 9 May 2011

Local Mexican favorite; great food
TVs, nice mural paintings
Delish complimentary fideo soup
Homemade tortillas; great salsa (chipotle?)
Best spicy camarones rancheras
Aguas frescas, beer
Good, but slow, food service