All reviews bacon yogurt wine country jacuzzi tub room was clean several buildings the breakfast area free breakfast stayed here for nights morning breakfast check in was easy would stay here again bodega bay santa rosa easy access san francisco road trip
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Good location. I would give 3.5 rating if I could. Room was clean, checking in went smooth. My reason for the low rating is I was given a room at the far end of the hotel near the freeway and the noise bothered me. I don't think this is a problem for most rooms at the location.
Breakfast was OK. The noise between rooms next to me was not acceptable. I could hear through the thin walls and every time the people next to me came in and out the door slammed and woke me up

Room tip: Get a Room away from the road and on the end if possible
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and her best friend spent 2 great days wine and cheese tasting in the Sonoma Valley. This place is central to all you want to do. On top of that its within walking distance of some of the best restaurants in the area. Rooms are clean newly remodeled. Good parking,friendly staff. The breakfast is hot and good. Eggs sausage,bacon. We were ready to go exploring. Nice hot tub and pool. Get the most out of your visit and stay here.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2016

This motel has seven separate low rise buildings which is attractive and nicer than one huge building.

our room was clean and comfortable but was one the two closest to the freeway ( no 6) so was noisier than being closer to reception. the wi fi was awful - slow and impossible to use most of the time. we did try using it near reception which was a little better.

The motel was expensive. one of the nights was 206 dollars being a Saturday and labour day. The other night was 136 dollars which we thought expensive for what was on offer. One member of staff at reception who was there in the morning when we stayed was very helpful in giving us directions to Point Reyes.

The breakfast area was crowded with not enough seating. Not great if no seats and you have to hike back to your room at the other end of the complex. the hot buffet and frig are in a corner which results in long lines. Very poor layout.

the pool and hot tub was good although lots of kids there. some of them were making use of the seat provided for the disabled and jumping off it. feel the motel need to keep it covered to prevent breakage or accidents. the parents of these kids just let them get on with it!

We ate at the casino next door. Very good value with half,price bottles of wine some nights and a ten dollar steak meal.

Room tip: Stay in buildings away from freeway not no 6 or 7
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cynthia L, Owner at Quality Inn Petaluma - Sonoma, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Biggles51, thanks for your comments about your recent stay. We agree out WiFi can be slow, and we are all set to have a new system installed with a dedicated line for just WiFi signal - not sharing with the telephone line. I'm finding out now when that installation will be.

It's unfortunate that adults can't or won't control their kids when it comes to mis-use of an item such as the ADA lift chair at our pool. I wish that you would've come to the front desk to let us know. We would've appreciated that very much. I have let our GM know about this though. Your idea about covering the lift until someone needs to use it maybe the way to go.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

We found this hotel to be overpriced for what you get. Pricing was: $101.95 per weekday night and $194.65 per weekend night. We were in town to attend a wedding and received a special rate so you can probably expect to pay more. The rates may be customary for the area but we feel we could've done better elsewhere for this amount of money.

The room was clean but there was a bit of a musty odor and we needed to run the air conditioner to get rid if it. Although, to be honest, it wasn't horrible. There was a small refrigerator which is a definite plus; no need to keep running to the ice machine. There was also a hair dryer and iron/ironing board as well as a coffee maker (and, of course, a TV). The internet worked well in our room.

Breakfast is nothing special. The scrambled eggs were good but the bacon, not so much. There is also a selection of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, a waffle maker and assorted breads/pastries. The pastries were sub-par but the coffee wasn't bad.

If you're of average height or taller, you'll find the shower to be a bit annoying as the shower head is only about 5 feet high. I'm 5'10" and had to bend down to wash my hair.

Overall, a very average experience. I would stay here again if I had to but there are probably better places nearby for the same money.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Hadn't plan to stay here but at 9 pm on our way to campsite we had to stop. Pet friendly, extremely comfy bed and pillows. Very friendly staff and owners, great breakfast. We like it so much we are going to make reservations on return from our camping trip before heading home.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple