“A Beautiful Family Run Vineyard”
Review of Kastania Vineyards

Kastania Vineyards
Ranked #17 of 57 things to do in Petaluma
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

A gem of a vineyard located just south of Petaluma, CA. The tasting session was ran by the owners which meant we got a really insight into the wines and the history of the vineyard.

The owners are very warm and welcoming people who are very proud of what they have built and the wines they have produced.

The wines themselves vary in taste to provide a good range to suit most people. My wife who is not a wine drinker (let alone red wine) enjoyed one so much we purchased a bottle. I also purchsed one of the heavier reds for my own consumption.

On conclusion I would recommend a visit to this fabulous vineyard. Best check on their website for opening times. We went on the off chance but I believe we were lucky to go on a day they were open. I also advise to spend time with the owners to get to truely know the wines and the vi eyard. If I return to the area I will definately pop in for another bottle or two!

Reviewed 11 November 2016

We stopped here on a whim and enjoyed a wonderful tasting experience. The owners themselves were pouring in the tasting room, and were very happy to tell us about the wines and show us around the small operation. The wines were great, too - mostly pinot noirs (including a pinot blanc, which we bought a bottle of) and one cabernet.

After the tasting, we stayed to enjoy a glass on the outside patio with a beautiful view over the vineyard.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

I visited here for my sister's bachelorette party, we had a GREAT time. They gave us a little tour of their set up and it was adorable. I would definitely come in again.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

Very friendly, personable experience, hosted by the owners themselves. Mainly Pinots, including a delicious, rare Pinot Blanc. You get to taste 6 or 7 wines for $5 - probably the best deal in Sonoma County. If they're not too busy, they'll even show you around the place.

It's a little tricky to get in and out of, with all the highway construction going on around there. But let your GPS guide you, and you should be okay.

1  Thank Joe G
Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

We visited Linda and Hoot when there was road construction on the road leading to the vineyard. Lucky for us as we had the tasting and proprietors to ourselves. We enjoyed hearing about each wine we tasted and the history behind the names. My favorite was the 2012 Jason and Aiden's Block Pinot Noir. We had a wonderful time!