“20th anniversary dinner”

Cello Ristorante & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cello Ristorante & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 218 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Description: Gather with friends, family and colleagues at Cello Ristorante & Bar, a culinary getaway that celebrates the Allegretto culture of joy, discovery and the good life. Savor rustic northern Italian cuisine made from the freshest local ingredients sourced from regional farmers, ranchers and purveyors. Enjoy creative foods, an extensive wine list, garden-inspired craft cocktails, and artisanal beers in a resort-casual atmosphere. Whether in jeans and boots or elegant dress, come indulge in a gastronomic adventure just as you are.
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This was our second dining experience at Cello and we had another great dinner. We started off with champagne to toast to our anniversary and had the calamari appetizer. We liked the calamari, but we loved the next course which was the clam chowder! Some of the best clam chowder we have ever had. It was very flavorful and full of clams. My main course was chicken piccata and my husband ordered the salmon special. Both of us enjoyed our food and didn't have room for dessert although we wish we had. Can't wait to return to Cello again!

1  Thank Teresa F

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Ruben sandwich with a mixture of sweet potato fries and regular fries were delicious, the best I ever had.

1  Thank goodmomforlife
Reviewed 30 May 2018

The restaurant is set in a wonderfully beautiful hotel that transports you to Tuscany. However, DO NOT expect warm Italian hospitality at the Cello restaurant & bar. Being guests at the Allegretto Hotel and attracted by the beautiful setting, we enquired with a senior member of the waitstaff (by the name of LaVae) regarding having drinks by the bonfires or heat lamps outside. We were curtly told that we can sit anywhere we like outside, except at tables that have been set with cutleries meant for dining guests - or we could order room service. My wife and I then got drinks at the bar and grabbed seats close to one of the heat lamps. It was all very enjoyable, until LaVae came by some time later, taking the heat lamp between us away and moved it to the table close by, as new guest had just arrived. I found it disconcerting that while she saw we were clearly huddling next to the heat lamp, we were not asked at all whether we'd mind - it was as if we were invisible beings. After she moved the heat lamp, I then asked whether she could light up another heat lamp that was not in use. She said perhaps she could, but without much enthusiasm. After some minutes, I asked her again if she could light up the un-used lamp: to which she said she's not sure it's still working, but can check with other staff members. While still waiting, my wife had already finished her drink, and I checked my Swiss watch - it was already past 9pm. I was not happy that we were first treated impolitely and then simply ignored. I then contacted the hotel staff to complain this incident to the restaurant manager. The restaurant manager was apologetic and very understanding, offering to bring us drinks and desserts. She managed to find us seats inside the hotel, by one of the fireplaces. As we sipped fine wine by the warm fire, I noted the large wood slice on display in the living room from a tree that was more than two thousand year old. Looking at the tree rings with markings of major events of world history (the founding of Roman empire, the building of the Great Wall of China, ... ), I wondered - what legacy should we be proud to leave behind?

3  Thank J L
Reviewed 24 May 2018

We received a gift card for Christmas and decided to save it for our Anniversary date night. The restaurant is located in the Ayres/Allegretto Hotel; one of Paso Robles' newest, upscale and elegant hotel surrounded by beautiful landscape and beautiful artichect. Nice large selection of wine and cocktails. Started with a couple of martinis and ended with a nice glass of Pinot Noir that was suggested by our server to pair with my Chicken Picatta served with roasted potatoes and broccolini (a little salty for my liking). My husband thoroughly enjoyed his Frutte di Mare (suppose to come with white prawns but doesn't recall seeing/tasting). Live piano player was a bit loud for the small area but still a nice touch. Will definitely be returning for another date night or with out-of-town friends and family for happy hour and dining al fresco in their beautiful patio area equipped with portable heaters and a wind screen for those unpredictable Paso winds.

1  Thank Margaret H
Reviewed 9 May 2018

The restaurant is located inside the Allegretto Resort. It is very beautiful, makes you feel like you are in Italy. They also had live music, a nice added touch.
Our friend had the Ribeye with seasonal vegetables, smashed Yukon gold potatoes, Horseradish Creme Fraiche & Herb Salsa Verde on the side. His wife had the Salmon with seasonal vegetables.
My husband also had the Ribeye without the potatoes & a Caesar salad. I had the Chicken Carbonara, sauteed chicken, Pancetta, English peas, parsley, cream sauce, Fettucine and Grana Padano cheese, & a Mista Salad.
I had Chardonnay and my husband & friends shared a bottle of red wine.
Dinner was excellent, but pricey.

1  Thank mjke1