3 people are viewing this hotel
BestWestern.comUS$141
Hotels.comUS$141
Lol.travelUS$170
1,183 results
All reviews best westerns margie's diner western hotels hand sanitizer ceiling fan fair grounds wine tasting bottled water clean rooms bed was comfortable large room easy access front desk staff close to downtown would definitely stay here again wine country downtown paso robles
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2019

This was one of the nicest Best Westerns we have stayed at. Quality can be uneven among BW properties, but this one was very comfortable and friendly.

Occupancy was low the night we stayed there, so the manager put us in the Honeymoon Suite, which was very large, very comfortable, very quiet, well furnished. Even has a Jacuzzi tub for two. Only negative comment is that the decor is a bit old and dated. And because the shower is small, maybe replace the shower head with one that can be detached and used as a sprayer.

Unlike other BW's, this one does not have a breakfast buffet, but there is a coffee shop on the property and the front desk gives a $5 per person voucher for use there. The coffee shop, Margie's, has a good breakfast menu, not expensive, with large portions.

Room tip: The Honeymoon Suite is great!
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrancer
Angela M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Black Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2019

Thank you for your kind words and suggestion regarding the shower. I will surely look into that option.

I am glad that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. The decor of grape and gray is a nod to the wine area but surely can see how it would feel a little '80s vibe. But because it is a specialty room, we did decorate with a different feel than our regular guest rooms.

We hope that you will have the opportunity to come and visit us again soon, and bring your friends or family to enjoy beautiful Paso Robles.

Reviewed 10 May 2019

Cannot say enough good things . This property continues to deliver a great stay. Always immaculate. Price is good. The owner keeps putting money back in for upgrades, like new workout room, carpet and furniture.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 7 May 2019

We were going to the Three Speckled Hens ' antique show so the location of this hotel was perfect. Rooms were neat and tidy, amenities great (except I don't like the smell of citrus, imagine that living in California), pool area was spotless and chairs most comfortable. Not a complaint from the three of us! So convenient to the fairgrounds. Plus it always helps to have a happy friendly staff at the front desk and on the grounds. All three of us Loved the reading light on the headboard! Way to go! Finally a hotel where we can read in bed at night!!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2019 via mobile

We chose this hotel for the last night of our weeklong road trip. We got delayed and the front desk called to confirm if we were still interested in checking in, which I appreciate. Once we got there I relayed how my best friends daughter dropped and spilled her root beer float only minutes before we arrived. They knew we had a long day and the kids were melting down. Michelle made sure to give us extra cookies and Robyn even gave us her ice cream sandwich. Such lovely and thoughtful women. It has the older layout, like a highway motor lodge with exterior doors. I appreciated how convenient the location was to the freeway, close to a gas station and several food options. It was only a few minutes drive from downtown Paso Robles where there were many nice dining options. The room itself slept 5, two in each queen bed and one on the sofa bed. I had never seen a single sofa bed before, it took some figuring out, I may have missed instructions. The room was stylishly furnished, clean and updated. The beds were very comfortable. I appreciated all the little extras in the toiletries basket, this being our third BW this week, they included more helpful things than any of the others. I would definitely stay here again the next time I’m in town. One thing- this BW does not offer a free breakfast but they do offer coupons for the diner next door, $5 off pp next door. I wasn’t a fan of the diner, I found it overpriced on a per person basis $12-$16pp although each plate could feed two people. The problem for us was that we all wanted different food, and they wouldn’t let adults order the smaller kids meals. We saw two other families look at the prices and leave while we were there. Food was fresh, I just wasn’t impressed enough to want to pay $15 again for eggs toast potatoes and bacon. That said BW had coffee and apples in their lobby.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank liz171x
Reviewed 20 April 2019

Best Western Black Oak was really clean and had modern decor. Layout of the guest room dated this hotel but the cleanliness and fresh decor put a nice spin on an older styled layout.
Location was ideal - on HWY 46 just west of 101.

Date of stay: April 2019