See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 April 2018

To start, let me say I have low standards. I'm not overly picky about a room, just needs to be clean for my stay and I'm happy. Doesn't bother me if the bed isn't fluffy and cloud like, I could care less about closet space, so what if the towels are thin, and certainly didn't bother me that the fridge was on the ground in the middle of the room - it did look strange but didn't really matter to me. What does bother me is when you clearly haven't cleaned the room for the last 10 visitors that have stayed there! This place is downright nasty!!! I literally wore shoes THE WHOLE TIME! You could clearly tell there was a layer of dirt on the floor, the bedding was disgusting with hair all over it - I brought my own in from the car and slept on it - and the bathroom... THE BATHROOM WAS ATROCIOUS! I kid you not, it looked like it hadnt been cleaned in months. The towels were dirty, I had to clean the toilet myself before I used it, the shower had dirt and clumps of hair in it, the sink had hair everywhere and the mirror was spotty. At this point I was really getting picky and noticing every little thing because the room was just horrifying. Even the knobs on the bathroom vanity were uneven and smudged. There is clearly no pride being shown in this establishment. I should've just paid the little bit more for another place down the street. After we checked out, the man at the counter came out and went to our room. Before we even left, which was really strange to me. My guess, he just quickly remade the beds and grabbed some towels to hang up real quick for the next group to check in. If you hate yourself, stay here.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Jacki8806
Customer S, General Manager at The Inn on Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Hello Jackie:
First off, we do want you to know that we were very saddened to hear that you had such a negative experience at the Inn on Spring. I personally met with the housekeeping staff and on site manager to go over every complaint you made. Our rooms are cleaned by our housekeeping staff and inspected by our on site Manager every day. Please note, each room is cleaned after every visit and we would never allow guests to stay in a room that has not been cleaned. Also, upon check in, every guest is notified that ice is available at the front desk anytime of day or night that you’d like. We apologize if that wasn’t told to you. Again, we are sorry you didnt enjoy your stay but if you’d like to give us another chance, I’d be happy to speak to you directly to make sure your next stay is enjoyable. Feel free to contact me at Innonspring@gmail.com

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Not sure about everyone else but I did not have any problems here. Room was clean and well kept. I travel a lot in Europe too and brother I have seen it all! The water pressure in the bathroom was very strong and I like that. I slept with the window open and I was not disturbed at all. You can walk to pretty much everything. I had a king size bed and rented on a Friday night and it was $145 and the higher end places want $250 to $300 so I was fine. It did smell of cleaning so I left the windows and door open for an hour and it was fine. Wi-Fi worked fine and the little desk for my laptop fit the bill. There is a coffee maker, microwave and a little fridge. Would I go on a honeymoon here? No, but I just needed a clean, safe place to stay and it ticked all the boxes. Check-in was quick and simple and on my way I went. The is a good dinner that is a five minute walk down the road and everything else you could need down the street. Went around the corner and watched the little league baseball batting practice and it brought back some memories hearing the "Ting" of aluminum bats on the ball. Maybe I am just too simple in my needs or pleasures or maybe I am more reasonable then others but I just call them as I see them and I would stay here again...

Room Tip: I stayed in 106 and everything was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Cole G

Hi Cole! Thanks for your positive review. We are happy when we hear our guests enjoyed their stay. We take pride in making sure your experience at the Inn is a pleasant one. We are making improvements to our rooms and hope you will stay here again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

The bathroom was dirty and the housekeeping very poor. The grounds are ugly. I wish I'd stayed at Farmhouse Motel down the street. I also wish I'd read the reviews before hand. Paso Robles Wine Country is one of those beautiful places I've ever been. There are also so many superb restaurants.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Hello WilliamNe:
I am sorry to hear your negative experience at our Inn, but thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. What you described is not characteristic of the level of service our housekeeping team strives to provide and we apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback was shared with our management and housekeeping team and we hope you will give us another chance. If you choose to do so, please let me know by emailing me at InnonSpring@gmail.com so I can personally ensure that you will have a better experience.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I know it was a holiday weekend, but this place was way overpriced. It smelled of cigarette smoke when you walked in and there was nothing special about the place. I would normally give it a little higher rating but the price was very high. I would say stay if under $100 bucks because the location is very good but otherwise look for another place.

Room Tip: only book if it is a good price, ask for room that does not smell like smoke
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I don't want to rate this quite "poor", but average to poor would be appropriate. I'm not sure where all these reviewers got a price under $100 but we paid almost double that for our one night stay last week. Shame on me for booking last minute, but I would say our room was worth no more than $80. And honestly I wouldn't complain if I had paid that because I don't want to shut down bargain value places ...

Yes, there's a mini fridge and microwave (stacked on the floor) in the room. Yes, it's a great location 1-2 blocks from the downtown square so that was super convenient. And yes the little duplex cottages are cute and offer maybe a tad bit more privacy than typical. But our room was nothing more than average and tiny, and after just a few minutes we realized our baby's knees were completely black, and our hands were starting to turn black and our clothes had black dust all over them ... I think the laminate floor had legitimately melted and was getting all over everything. Beyond gross!!

Air conditioning was super loud and ineffective all night. TV barely played a few channels. And to top it all off there was no ice machine. !?!?!?! For what we paid I would absolutely 100000% never stay here again. Book the Paso Robles Inn right off the square!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family