“Good location, dirty room”
Review of The Inn on Spring

The Inn on Spring
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I don't want to rate this quite "poor", but average to poor would be appropriate. I'm not sure where all these reviewers got a price under $100 but we paid almost double that for our one night stay last week. Shame on me for booking last minute, but I would say our room was worth no more than $80. And honestly I wouldn't complain if I had paid that because I don't want to shut down bargain value places ...

Yes, there's a mini fridge and microwave (stacked on the floor) in the room. Yes, it's a great location 1-2 blocks from the downtown square so that was super convenient. And yes the little duplex cottages are cute and offer maybe a tad bit more privacy than typical. But our room was nothing more than average and tiny, and after just a few minutes we realized our baby's knees were completely black, and our hands were starting to turn black and our clothes had black dust all over them ... I think the laminate floor had legitimately melted and was getting all over everything. Beyond gross!!

Air conditioning was super loud and ineffective all night. TV barely played a few channels. And to top it all off there was no ice machine. !?!?!?! For what we paid I would absolutely 100000% never stay here again. Book the Paso Robles Inn right off the square!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Natalie R

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here to visit friends in town and walked out of the room within 5 minutes of being in it. The smell of old cigarette smoke was so bad. Even in Vegas the rooms don't smell that bad. The reason I'm giving it 2 stars instead of 1 star is because the gentleman running the front desk was very quick about refunding me. They informed me the rooms are non smoking but it was that old nasty cigarette smell.

We wanted to support a small family owned place near our friends house, but couldn't breathe in the room. You definitely get what you pay for. Do not stay here with children because it did not feel safe with the doors and how they locked and the rooms are all street level.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank M0use1nTheH0use
Reviewed 8 April 2017

Good value: three blocks from the very pleasant downtown park square of Paso where there are lots of restaurants and stores and a movie theater. No breakfast, but staying this close to downtown, you want to go there for breakfast ... clean, unpretentious.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Checkin was quick and simple. Room is very new and clean. Bathroom nicely done with eco amenities and shower tiling. There's no closet, but they built a hangar into the wall which was perfect for my work shirts. Wifi worked perfectly A+++

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

The pictures on their website are accurate. The towells are thin and the pillows are few. They only have this very flowery soap and a little tube of shampoo, so bring toiletries, towells, and extra pillows. They have a microwave, frig, and decent TV. For 79 plus tax, it's a great deal. I noticed that their price goes up to 200 next month, which I don't think is a good deal at all.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business