“Quaint Family Vineyard”
Review of Whalebone Vineyard

Whalebone Vineyard
Ranked #25 of 162 things to do in Paso Robles
More attraction details
Owner description: Whalebone is a family owned and operated winery on the Vineyard Drive wine trail in Paso Robles, California. We specialize primarily in red wines, especially Cabernet Sauvignon. Our vineyard is 100% dry land farmed west side Cabernet Sauvignon - this is what we are most known for, along with our Cabernet blends. We produce BOB Wine, a Cab blend that has developed a cult following since Bob first created it as a home winemaker in the '90s. You can also find Paso Robles Zinfandel, as well as Paso Robles Rhone blends in our Tasting Barn.Whalebone also offers artisan Paso Robles olive oil and vinegar tastings, and we always have cheeses, salami, and local sheep milk ice cream for hungry tasters.
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Just the sort of stop we were looking for - a windy tree lined road passing by vineyards and horses. Friendly service, delicious wine, reasonable wine club, and olive oil to boot!

1  Thank ChasinMyDream
"cabs"
"wines"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Sitting atop a slight hill along a country tree-lined road, we spotted the sign , and my friends said we should stop. They had heard the wines were good. Boy, Good is an understatement. I liked every taste I tried . These wines are fantastic! We joined the wine club which allows for two shipments a year with anywhere from 3-12 bottles per shipment. We also tasted olive oil. They had mustards, candles , cheese items for serving cheese, too. The girls pouring tastes, one of whom was the owners daughter, We’re so friendly and fun to talk to. This is a family owned winery. It is small and perfect for intimacy of just enjoying good wine with people and friends. It is relaxing. And I plan to stop here and make it a point to stop here whenever I am in Paso. Wine fee is $10 waved if you purchase wine. Their wines are priced in the $30-35 range. Totally worth it.

1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped in on Super Bowl Sunday and were the only people there. The owner’s son served us and did a great job talking about the wines and the history of the Vinyard. It is a quaint and friendly place. The wine was really good and we bought a bottle. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed 27 November 2017

I absolutely love Whalebone Winery, have been coming here for years and have brought many friends. I love the wine - they have great blends like the famed Bob wine but I also really love their Cabs. This is a family-owned winery, sometimes you see three generations all working in the tasting room! They're genuinely nice people! The prices are very fair. The views from the tasting room are just spectacular. I really recommend this winery. They also sell olive oils and balsamic vinegar (which you can taste), they are great as well!