“Extensive Buffet”

Dragon Palace King Buffet
Ranked #87 of 218 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 June 2018

My wife and I went to Dragon Palace for dinner, though they are also open for lunch. This restaurant is located in a small strip mall and has been here for many many years. We were there about 7 PM and it was very busy with single people, couples and several families. The booths were clean and comfortable.

Having eaten at many Chinese buffets, I know the food can often be pretty mediocre. I found myself favorably impressed. The menu was quite extensive. There is a very respectable salad bar, a very large variety of Chinese entrees, sushi, desserts and included drinks. The food was tasty and generally well cooked and the service was excellent.

All you can eat for $16.50 seemed a quite reasonable price given the quality and variety of the food. They also offer take-out at $6.50 per pound, which might be considered a good alternative to say, Panda Express with its ever increasing prices, shrinking portions, and poor customer service.

Bring your appetite and chow down!

Reviewed 11 February 2018

There is a lot of food to choose from here. My husband loves this place. The people are really nice and keep it clean.

1  Thank snfederico
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Our family has been frequenting this large buffet restaurant for many years. Not only do they have good Chinese food but salads and American foods as well. Friendly wait staff takes good care of you during your visit.

1  Thank woadwoman
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I've been in this town for about 5 years. I've been coming here often. Until about a year ago. The menu changed. They lost some traditional items off their buffet and it seems the quality had decreased. Maybe they went with cheaper vendor? Either way I've been coming less and less. I was still hoping it would go back to the normal food. I feel like they would make way more $ if they would invest in quality.

1  Thank Todd F
Reviewed 17 March 2017

I open the door and I can seat anywhere open tables or a booth. the room has good lighting and the servers always generous with glass of water.