“Simply the best!”

Mitchella Vineyard & Winery
Ranked #47 of 163 things to do in Paso Robles
More attraction details
Owner description: Mitchella is a small family owned estate vineyard and winery located on the eastside of Paso Robles along the HuerHuero Creek, we are committed to making small lots of premium handcrafted wines and believe it starts by attentively cultivating quality wine in the vineyard.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Camarillo, California
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

What a fabulous hidden gem!! Fabulous friendly people help you enjoy a wonerful assortment of both white and red wine. They also have fabulous ports! Enjoy the tastings and have a snack out on the lovely patio just feet away from the vineyards! A must stop!!

Visited January 2011

Los Angeles, Ca
“Highly Recomended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2009

Mitchella Winery is tucked away behind Robert Hall Winery in Paso just off the 46 West. It is a little hard to see but there are flags that guide you in. This place is adorable from the outside in. It is small, but full of fabulous tasty wines. They grow the grapes, produce and bottle all on site. The staff is friendly, the wine is great and their dogs are so cute! They make you feel like you met new friends in town. My favorite was the 06 Syrah and the shameless (All the reds are really tasty) . You have to stop in and visit this place, you will really enjoy it! I think they are only open fri-sunday

sisquoc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Hidden teasure on the Paso Robles California wine trail"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2009

My sister and I are avid wine drinkers of fine wine, and whenever we can we travel to differant winerys (our way of destressing :) , she on a mission for another Syra, and I just for the taste of it. I had seen Mitchella Winery tucked away behind Robert Hall, and right across the street from La Vina Robles, both excellent wineries themselves. So last weekend, we stopped and were pleasantly surprised by such fine wine, and the tasting room itself is so welcoming that you just want to sit out on the patio, and soak up the view all afternoon! The owners (who is the winemaker) themselves are on hand, and along with their staff make you feel so special whether your wine tasting for the first time, or have been tasting for awhile. Their signature wine"Shameless" is excellant, but so were several others we tried that we walked out with two bottles each! If you haven't been by, you need to stop and you will find you'll be asking yourself how you could have missed this stop on the trail! The tasting room is off the owners own personal residence, with plans to make it into a bed/breakfast in the future as we were told by staff. The tasting room has the old Tuscany motiff and with the view of the vineyards over the hills you really feel as if you are in Tuscany. Next time I go back my husband will be with me, and I know we'll always make this a stop on our way to the central coast to visit my sister. This small winery will not be small and tucked away for very long. FYI, the winery is only open weekends.

1 Thank zinned
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,775 helpful votes
“Nice Homey Ambiance with Excellent Wines at Mitchella!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2008

Mitchella is located right in back of the prestigious Robert Hall winery in Paso Robles, we visited during the Harvest Weekend, there were appetizers set out to go with the wine tasting here. We took our tastings out to the back area where there was a pretty fountain and views of the vineyards. Some of the wines were sampled were the Rhone Blend "Shameless" which was very good, a couple of Syrahs and a Cabernet Sauvignon. The staff was very friendly here. A very nice stop while in the Paso wine trail!

2 Thank syrahgirl