“Wagyu Burger is tops!”

Alexander's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Alexander's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 789 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Description: Alexander’s Steakhouse is a fine dining interpretation of the classic American steakhouse with hints of Japanese influence laced into the menu. Located in Pasadena, California, Alexander’s Steakhouse is a welcome addition to the Southern California dining scene.
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Our friends took our family here for my daughter's 16th birthday. The Wagyu Burger was one of the best burgers we've had. It is pricey, but a great place for special occasions if your budget can afford it. We had three teenagers with us & the waiters were great with them. We were eating in the bar area and the staff made the kids feel welcomed and treated them like princesses. There is a lemonade type of drink (cant remember what it is called) that was great. Must try it.
I highly recommend this place. This was a great dining experience & hope to come back sometime. Unless they build one in the northern Colorado area!
Thanks for a great meal with great service.

1  Thank Tiner721

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We ate at Alexander's to celebrate a friends move. It is a perfect place for a celebration.

It is expensive for sure. I encountered some sticker shock when I saw the steak prices, and given the way things like Wagyu are priced (by the 3 oz.) you could spend an essentially unlimited amount of money. It is, however, some of the best beef I have ever eaten and well-worth the money - at least in my estimation.

In addition to the delicious (and I mean really delicious) steaks, the side dishes were equally distinctive and wonderful. We ordered three side dishes and shared them - truffled potatoes, green beans and mushrooms, and a salad, which we also shared. All were incredible on their own merits, and worked well with the steaks.

The service was well balanced between helpful and unobtrusive and, finally, the bread basket and butter service was, quite literally, the best I have ever had at a restaurant.

All in all a 5 star experience. Well worth it if you are in the mood to treat yourself or others.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

This restaurant exemplifies fine dining experience. Alexander's delivers every reason and exceeds every expectation we have for spending large sums of money on a meal.

My husband and I came here to celebrate our (coincidentally close) birthdays together. We are people who take great pleasure in dining. I booked our dinner reservation a little less than a week ahead. We arrived on time and though another customer kept us from being seated promptly, the hostess acknowledged our arrival and immediately apologized for the minor delay. Handled most professionally.

We were seated in the front dining room between the bar and the larger dining room. This dining room shares space with the kitchen, so you can see what's going on while you wait for your meal. It also has large windows so you can enjoy a nice view of the plaza and water fountains.

Alexander's is a popular place for occasion dining, so they've got this down pat. Shortly after we were seated, we were offered complimentary sparkling wine to start the celebration (our server was so prompt that he offered it right as I was about to order a bottle of prosecco). And the server set a handwritten birthday card on the table. I ordered the hamachi shooters to start. They are my favorite thing on the menu. Each shooter consists of chopped hamachi sashimi, ponzu gelée, crisped rice, and microgreens, all served in an attractive cordial glass. The best deal is to enjoy them at the bar where they are discounted during "Social Hour." But ordering a 6-pack to share is also quite enjoyable. We followed that with an order of grilled octopus, which was tender with a smoky char. Then we were presented with the amuse bouche.

For our main course, we shared a 32-ounce bone-in rib eye, which was cooked to a perfectly succulent medium rare. On the side, we had eryingi mushrooms (sliced and roasted tenderly), udon "mac" and cheese (odd spin on a classic), and truffled new potatoes (not exactly adventurous, but sometimes you just want to eat potatoes).

We asked the sommelier, a very knowledgeable and pleasant young lady, to pair a bottle for us. I believe it was a Chateauneuf.

And because we are gluttons, we topped it off with the cookies and cream soufflé, which was perfectly fluffy, creamy and decadent. But because it was our birthdays, the restaurant also brought us a piece of delicious birthday cake, which we ate heartily, even though at this point things were starting to hurt, and trousers were fitting awkwardly.

All in all, a perfect meal. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is willing to fully invest in a superb dining experience.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

This time we went, brought a friend and ate off the regular menu. The shishito peppers were delicious! We have these a lot, and think this might be the best preparation ever. My husband had the Bone-In Rib-eye and loved it! (I had a few bites and it was fantastic.) I had the Seafood Risotto, which I loved but be aware it is a very Asian type of preparation. More like a Congee/Okayu type of dish wiith super tender calamari and incredible huge sea scallops. Love all the little free desserts and coffee cake for the next morning!

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I've been here twice (July and August) for their eight course Chef'sTasting Menu for $175 per person and I highly recommend it. Each course is delicately prepared by the chef, not only in the taste but in the presentation. The waiter brings out each course and explains how it was prepared. I was surprised and must admit that I loved each course, even the chawanmushi, which being of Japanese descent I never cared for. Therefore, I had to compliment the chef on his preparation and combination of ingredients on the dish which made it so tasteful. The MIyazaki Japanese beef just melted in your mouth. A truly mouthwatering experience.

The second time I went I included the wine pairing for $75. If you like wines, I recommend you do the pairing as their wine selection with each course only complimented the meal.

Be prepared to be there for at least three hours as they don't rush you, they want you to savor each course. Although the portions are small, by the time you get to the end your ready to leave extremely satisfied and full.