“Porchetta and Rib Eye to die for!”
Review of Union

Union
Reserve with OpenTable
Union is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 790 Restaurants in Pasadena
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This low key restaurant is tough to get into without reservations, and that’s because the food is so expertly prepared and the dining experience takes you on a culinary adventure that is memorable, tasty and unique.
The star of the show was the rib eye steak!

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The food was generally good and flavorful.
The portions were small. 5 tortililins for 24 bucks. You need to order two dishes each to fill up so that is $55 each. Noisy and tight. Waiters were good.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Union had been highly recommended, and we weren't disappointed. Great atmosphere, witty helpful staff, and divine food. What's not to like? The wine list was a little overpriced, but this did not spoilour enjoyment of the meal. A great night out. Go.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We were a party of eight and therefore commanded to sign up for chef's menu. Sounded great in advance, but in actuality we received little bowls of wonderful-this and wonderful-that to share four ways at each of our two put-together tables. Like the two meatballs we had to cut in half to go around (really, Chef Chef Kalma? You couldn't send out eight meatballs???), and so on.

I can hardly even describe the dishes I'd recommend because I never saw the names written down, and I could barely hear the waiter's description. Looking at the food going to other tables, it just didn't seem like we got to fully experience everything we hoped and know this restaurant has to offer.

Three desserts were included in our meal, but I don't eat sweets. I left hungry.

For those sensitive to noise, it's a big factor here. The restaurant's small and crowded and the piped-in rock music's louder than most. If this would be a problem for you, stay away.

So, do I recommend this restaurant's food? Wholeheartedly. But only for parties of 2-4, and not if you have any hearing issues.

2  Thank UnrepentantFoodie
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Got to give a shout out to this restaurant! I think it is rated as one of the Top 10 restaurants in Los Angeles. It's extra special, because most of the "best restaurants" are located in the most congested parts of Los Angeles, so it's a pleasure to find something in Pasadena.
They hand make their pasta everyday for starters. The food is so ridiculously good, I had to go back twice in one week. The menu changes to what comes in fresh everyday. To start, their homemade bread and butter is off-the-hook, (but note to the chef... it's too pricy) You have got to try the BUCATINI CACIO E PEPE simple pasta with Pecorino-Romano, black pepper, and Egg. My other favorites are the Housemade Stracciatella cheese and the Pork Meatballs. This restaurant is small, so best to make a reservation ahead of time!

Been to Union? Share your experiences!