“Fresh seafood warm homey picknick environment.”

Cameron's Seafood & Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Cameron's Seafood & Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 752 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I arrived at 11AM before they opened (11:30). I was meeting some friends I was early. I checked the door and it was open I could see everyone running around setting tables and preparing to open. I asked if I could sit at the bar and wait. The hostess said of course and offered me something to drink while I waited, coffee if you have it was my reply. They made a fresh pot of coffee and I had some while waiting on my friends. The restaurant is spacious, parking is available on both sides of the building. We sat at a big what looked like picnic table in the center of the restaurant. I ordered the Salmon grilled on Mesquite with fries and cole slaw. The portions were big and the the price fair. The service was also excellent.

1  Thank Bob L

Reviewed 23 September 2016

We hadn't been here in years. My 12 year old daughter mentioned she wanted fish, so we thought this was the perfect place to come. My husband and I used to frequent this place when we lived in Pasadena, way before she was born.

When we first walked in, we noticed nothing has changed. We actually love that. But the one thing we did notice, was it was empty. Years ago, there was always a wait and the restaurant was booming. This day....not so much. They used to have a seafood bar area where you could order small plates (I think) and another bar for waiting for your table. Always jammed. Today, completed empty and unmanned. They do have a completely separate bar room as well.

The service was great, we were really happy with her ( wish I could remember her name!)

My husband ordered the trout, blackened, which he really enjoyed. My daughter, a cup of clam chowder and a cold appetizer selection for her entree, and I ordered the swordfish, cajun.

When my swordfish arrived, it was cold and tough. I checked the potatoes and vegetables, which were also cold. I informed the server who graciously took it back to fix the problem. When she returned, it was the same fish (although the sides were moved around) and not at all any different in temp. She mentioned something about a microwave? and seeing the chef take it from the grill? um..no. The fish was overcooked and then it sat. When she saw I was again not happy, she asked if I wanted to see the menu for something else, which I did.

In the meantime she offered a cup of soup or salad which I took her up on, I expected a cup, but she brought a huge bowl of chowder, which was delicious. My new order of shrimp skewers arrived piping hot and beautifully cooked.

Would we go back? Probably not, and that's disappointing. We had some really great meals and experiences here back in the day. The mood and atmosphere has changed, and we expected an extraordinary dinner, which turned out to be just average. For the prices, unfortunately, it's just not enough for us to return.

Note: They're bread is always wonderful! Make sure you take them up on this when it's offered!

Reviewed 4 August 2016

What a great meal. My husband had the bacon wrapped scallops and my mother and I had the Cod. Lots of food and pretty good prices for our meals. Very nice and clean restaurant. Love the fact that you can watch the chefs in the kitchen while they are cooking.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

a delightful place i've been coming to since the late 1960's - hasn't changed - food is always good - Fettuccini Mexican Shrimp and Canadian Scallops in a wonderful cream sauce - Catfish blackened or Seared Cajun style... always great! Moscow Mule (peach) and Long Island Tea (knock your socks off) - excellent COFFEE and dessert large chocolate chip cookie ala mode (enough for 4) ~

Reviewed 10 July 2016

We visited Cameron's with a large group, which may have presented a problem, but shouldn't have. We reserved a large group banquet room and were prepared for an incredible experience to finish up a weekend reunion. The service was so slow that some of our party were just getting served as others were finishing their entrees. The vegetables were cold, and some plates looked like they had double portions while others had little or nothing at all. I would not return here, since the price was much too high and the service was was much too slow, as well as the food being much too inconsistent.