“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2017

For $47 per person, we were disappointed. If you go, limit yourself to just the salad bar. The salad bar has salad (duh), but also steamed vegetables, potatoes, chili, stew, soup, beans, rice, cold cuts, cheese and fruit. Decline the extra price to be served by roving waiters bearing skewers of meat. The meat is awful. There were several varieties of beef, chicken drumsticks, pork ribs, and sausage. We tried them all. One of the sausages was okay. Everything else was overcooked (or in the case of the ribs, undercooked), fatty, gristly, and hard to chew.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We went here for lunch since my husband had worked in his earlier life in Brazil. The salad bar was so expansive and the food so fresh that we were too full to have a full meal afterward. The barbecued meats looked great but we didn't have any. This is definitely a place for a leisurely, elegant meal. I don't think I would go here for either a quick meal or with children. Restaurant staff were attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Porto Alegre is a classic Brazilian churrascaria. They offer all of the well prepared classic cuts of beef, black beans, rice, other sides and an excellent selection of salads and vegetables. If I'm hungry enough when I'm in Pasadena, this is a go to spot.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

My husband and I had our introduction to Brazilian BBQ at Porto Alegre in Pasadena. Our server was attentive but not overbearing. The food excellent. The salad bar was extensive and fresh. The décor was very nice and foods presented well. We were seated immediately. Porto Alegre validates your parking pass. We would love to come again for a nice dinner out.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

Sorry but cannot think of anything good to say, possibly it's cheap. Food was distinctly poor both in visual experience and taste.