“Go hungry ”

Nick's on South Lake Avenue
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick's on South Lake Avenue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 789 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$14 - US$38
Description: Nick's is best known for it's Classic American comfort food, crave-able bar snacks, unique cocktails & extensive wine list Founded in Laguna Beach in 2008. There are currently six Nick's locations The Pasadena venue features a lively bar, stunning balcony, private wine room, and an airy garden room - all working harmoniously to combine the warmth and hospitality one would expect of Nick's
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

One important thing before you go to Nick’s, make sure you’re very hungry. The food is unbelievable. The chicken is to die for as is the prime rib French dip. Service is fantastic. Would highly recommend this for anyone.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Attentive waitstaff, good food, smart contemporary interior with all very hard surfaces making this the loudest restaurant in town. An absolutely terrible place to come if you want to visit and converse with friends. I would gladly trade some food quality and service for the ability to speak to my dinner friends.

Might be a good place to come if your the type that nobody wants to talk with anyway!

Go to Parkway Grill instead. That’s where I’ll go from now on.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

The staff was great the service amazing, but the food...wow! I ordered the petite filet and it was cooked perfectly, the salad was delish and the soup was really tasty also. We ordered the artichoke appetizer and that could have been my dinner, they were really good.

My daughter ordered the burger and she said it was sooooo good.

My husband ordered the chilian sea bass was good but I think at this restaurant you should stick with red meat options.

Now let’s talk desert....can you say butter cake? This desert I will have cravings for and will not be able to get it as I don’t live here but I will definitely come back!!!

Enjoy!!!

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Took a girlfriend for a birthday lunch. She had salmon and I had a prime rib dip. We cleaned both of our plates. The entrees and sides were delicious. The service was gracious. My only complaint would be the the background music was too club-like for an elegant meal and ranged in level from okay to too loud -- then it seemed like patrons began to shout at each other to be heard. A quiet ambiance would make this restaurant perfect.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

This was our first time and Nicks; and we were pleasantly surprised. From the outset, even though the restaurant was busy, service was excellent. The "Bistro" offering of a small fillet, salad, Garlic toast and a cup of soup was a steal at $22. The house salads are generous and creative and great to see the "wedge" is back.

The entrees are classic American fare. Our only observation is that the pricing is on the upper end of "good dining" We had the sea bass ($$$) and the chioppino; both of which were well prepared and tasty.

Desserts (Lemon cake in our case) are monstrous!

The place can get a little noisy, so suggest upstairs if available. Would echo another reviewer's comment that it is a good place for a "girls' night out". Saw a lot of groups of women having a good old time.