“Reliably Good Food and Good Service”

La Grande Orange Cafe
Ranked #2 of 752 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Del Mar
Transit: Located along the light rail at the Del Mar Station.
Reviewed 20 January 2018

We usually stop in at La Grande Orange when we are in Pasadena. We especially love the salads and the tacos.
Good variety. The chef takes vegetables and makes them into extraordinary dishes. Great option if you are looking for vegetarian, vegan, or GF.

1  Thank Jo T

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I visited the Cafe with a group of five, and all were fans by the time we left. My short ribs were AMAZINGLY YUMMY. I would fly from DC to LAX just to order them again. We plowed through two orders of the chips and guacamole, and the burgers and fish looked just as appealing as my entree. We were seated quickly in the charming dining room, and our server was attentive, energetic and professional. This one is on my list for a repeat visit!

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My husband considers the ribs he had here the best he has ever had. I had a special, duck, that was pretty good. We tried the deviled eggs and they were outstanding. (I have since copied them at home.) They have a good wine list with a variety of places and prices. The bar was a fun place to wait for our dinner. I had called a few nights before our outing and they put my name on a “preferred list” so we didn’t wait too long. Only negative - it was cold in the dining room. We asked them to turn off the overhead fans, which they did, but we weren’t the only ones wearing jackets at our table!

1  Thank RickandJan
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I heard to judge a restaurant on just one dinner but we think LA Grande definitely seems overrated on Tripadvisor. We had lamb "sheep" chops and vegetarian tacos - not good value for the price. Also in general more higher priced meals than $$

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We started off with deviled eggs with bacon, guacamole and chips along with drinks. I know these sound very basic, but it's better than filling up bread. Next time we'll try the bacon wrapped dates w/ goat cheese. Cocktails were all refreshingly new: the misfit grapefruit basil gimlet & jumping jack flash. the old fashioned and the moscow mule did not disappoint.
my husband and 2 friends all decided on steak frites special. I had the famous short ribs. This was fork tender and mouth watering. I think my dish was better than theirs because my husband wished he ordered the same. I saved half to take home and had hoped to eat the following day. However, my son finished it when he discovered it in the fridge.
We had hoped to get the olive oil cake, but they ran out. So, we opted for the red velvet cake. This was decadent, but too sweet for my taste.
They sell pre-packaged english muffins. These are not your traditional english muffins, and a must to take away. On your way out, enjoy a complimentary cookie from the cookie jar.
We've only sat in the covered outdoor area. Next time we'll be sure to enjoy drinks in the Otis Bar and make reservations to dine inside the cafe for a new ambience experience. Service is excellent,