“A vegans delight”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 783 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

What an absolute delight.
This restaurant provides a large range of different delicious food options for the vegetarian & vegan. But meat eaters don't despair, you can add meat to the dishes.

Apart from the array of food options, alcohol is available & the prices are very reasonable.

We found the service to be great both times we went. We were so pleased the first time we ate we went back the next day for lunch. If I was staying in Pasadena longer I'd go a few more times as there are many menu items I'd like to try.

I had the Quinoa burger the first time & the spaghetti squash casserole the second. Both were so delicious.

It's a definite stop for the. Vegetarian, vegan & gluten free.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

My husband isn't into healthy fare and didn't recognize all the ingredients. Our son took us out and my husband was very pleased. Everyone had very good food. The squash pie tasted almost like pumpkin pie!

Reviewed 12 November 2016

The place is busy, very popular. We wanted outside, wasn't available despite having reserved for it, people get there and don't want to leave! It is quirky, the food is not your usual fare, don't look for a burger or strip steak, the do better than that. We all ordered different things and the staff was very accommodating about my almond allergy and replaced them with sliced cashews. There was one thing that disappointed, the "apple soda." Take my advice, if offered it instead of Sprite or 7Up, don't bite. It tasted to me like someone took some apple pie filling from a can, mixed it with some apple cider, puree'd it in a blender and then mixed in some 2cents plain soda water. It's really one of those things you do not want to pay $5 for to have it pass around the table and get declined by everyone.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

As an aspiring vegetarian, True Food Kitchen offers an array of vegetarian dishes that are tempting. The ambiance is casual, bright and inviting. The inside can be a bit noisy but the patio was the preferred place for an autumn afternoon with summer temperatures.
We had the panang curry and chilli noodles. Both dishes were adequately spicy and the vegetables surprisingly not overcooked. There is an extra charge for adding a "protein" e.g., chicken.
I was pleasantly surprised by the numerous menu items but unsure as to what to order as I am a novice when it comes to quinoa, kale and other such trends in food.
The portions might be a bit small for a hearty eater. Sharing dishes for two people would be adequate, if more than one dish is ordered. It would be a good place to take friends who are vegetarians as there are a few dishes suitable carnivores.
True Food in Pasadena has the most "inviting" bathroom of any restaurant I've visited.

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Went here with some colleagues after work for dinner. I am not usually a fan of this sort of restaurant but was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is mainly outdoors at the end of the Colorado strip in downtown Pasadena. There is valet parking in the back but with one way streets you really need to plan your approach to get to it. The setting is lovely and there are heaters as it started to get chilly when the sun went down.

The food is healthy and fresh. There are lots of vegetarian/vegan choices on the menu. We had the kale guacamole dip, tuna tataki and edamame dumplings to start and they were all very good bathe dumpling filling was a bit mushy but good tasting. I had the lasagna for my main course. It was very good although not as hearty as I am used to. I also had a ginger beer drink which I really enjoyed although there was a lot of ice in it and not as much drink as I would have liked (an annoying trend at a lot of restaurants). Didn't have dessert as there wasn't anything that caught my eye.

Service was good. Our server was friendly and gave prompt service without feeling rushed. Our dishes came out at a comfortable pace so we didn't feel rushed or that we were waiting.

I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for something fresh and healthy or with good vegan/ vegetarian options.