Malbec
Reserve with OpenTable
Malbec is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 722 Restaurants in Pasadena
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2016

Malbec is one of my favorite restaurants. It is consistently friendly and well run. The food is always terrific, although the portions tend to be somewhat large. They specialize in meat dishes, but the salads are plentiful. My husband had the steak last time we were there and he said it like the best one we'd had in Buenos Aires last year! And the wines, ah the wines. Needless to say, their Malbecs are memorable.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

The food was delicious! I highly recommend the ceviche sampler (I can't remember the real name but it has 3 different kinds). The food and service were fantastic! Very romantic atmosphere too.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

I'm not a big Malbec (the wine) fan, but the one I enjoyed at Malbec (the restaurant) has me wondering if I've been underestimating this wine. I am a big lamb fan, and the rack of lamb (served as individual chops) I had here only confirmed my love of lamb. Very well prepared and generous portions. The sealed I started was fresh and tasty, tho nothing unusual. Another member of our group had a steak and declared it excellent. There are also dishes for non-carnivores, but, hey, this is an Argentinean restaurant! Desserts were standard.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

Nice atmosphere, has upmarket feel but with no trace of the snootiness that's all too common of restaurants 'with aspirations'.

Food was good, excellent service.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

This restaurant has a very nice ambiance. The service is attentive, and friendly. I had the rib eye steak, and it was prepared perfectly. My wife had the paella, and said it was better than many she has had outside of Spain. The wine selection is limited, but we had an Argentinian Malbec that was nice. The prices are a bit high. With our two meals and two bottles of wine and desert, it was about $75 a piece. However, the food was better than average, the service was very good, and we would definitely return.

Been to Malbec? Share your experiences!