All reviews large shower full kitchen rose bowl breakfast buffet area great selection of restaurants fair oaks newer hotel great family hotel underground parking sofa bed reading lights living area front desk laundry room walk in shower rooms are great extended stay
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I assume the guy checking me in at the front desk was a supervisor or manager (asian guy) since he seemed to be in charge and he was pretty unpleasant. He did great me upon entering but as soon as he found out I was staying at a lower rate, he stopped addressing me and was checking me in unprofessionally while doing other tasks in front of me (addressing the radio about other concerns, talking to another staff member, etc.). When he was done, he simply handed me my key cards and did not say a word. I had to ask him about the amenities the hotel offers and where the elevator was. Even then, he was not very helpful. I simply wanted to review that specific front desk employee since he should be professional to all guests walking in.

Other than that, it's a new hotel so it's expected to be appealing to the eye.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Joker S, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Stacy920,

We have received your review, and I am sorry to hear that your check-in experience was unpleasant. Here at the Residence Inn Old Town Pasadena we strive to make everyone's stay a memorable experience regardless of the reservation details. I understand that the associate may have been multi-tasking however, I completely agree with you. The associate should have given you the attention needed to give you a pleasant check-in experience and explained the hotel amenities properly.

I have addressed the situation with this associate, again my apologize for your experience. We look forward to a future opportunity to offer you a better check-in experience

Much Aloha,
Stephanie De La Cruz
Front Desk Supervisor
Residence Inn Old Town Pasadena
626.204.9220

Reviewed 27 July 2018

What a pleasant stay we had at the Residence Inn Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town! We were coming in from the Sequoia’s and before that San Francisco, so we wanted a nice place to rest our heads and recharge before heading home to Phoenix. From the moment we entered the lobby, until checking out the next day it was an extremely pleasant stay. The rooms are lovely, very well equipped and extremely clean. We had the Studio with sleeper sofa which offered everything we needed for a family of three. The beds were comfortable, the kitchen was well stocked, and the bathroom was heaven! I’ve never had a more enjoyable shower in my life! Between buildings there’s an outdoor dining and lounging areas. I think had we stayed longer than one night, we would have enjoyed that space. Although we didn’t take a plunge in the pool, it did look inviting. They offer free breakfast, which is adequate and well received. If you’re driving, they have underground parking that you will pay for, but the charge is reasonable and secure. They offer laundry facilities which was also convenient and very appreciated. The Residence Inn Los Angeles Pasadena is right next to the heart of Old Town Pasadena so its close walking distance to shopping, dining, entertainment, and the Norton Simon Art Museum. Simply wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Excellent place to stay with a family
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Clean and comfortable beds with friendly staff and good location for walking into Pasadena. But it can be noisy. It seems to be a common problem with all Residence Inn's that Marriott did not spend the extra money during construction to do a better job of sound proofing the rooms. You will hear the people walking in their rooms above you and if they have kids get ready to listen to them running around. For a quiet room ask for the top floor.

Room Tip: Pick a top floor room
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Booked a night there to visit family in the area with my mother, for ease of use I used the Chinese booking site CTRIP, I don't know if that the reason for giving us the room across from laundry room and workout room, the frequent shuffling of feet and doors closing is quite annoying. They did offer to change room later when I left for dinner and my mom complaint to fd, but I was out already so we didn't switch but why give us that room if others are available? In morning around 9:30am a housekeeping personnel knock on the door, ask when we are leaving and we're very persistent to get a time, that really left a bad taste cause at my hotel if any staff will try to rush a hotel guest out, that would be the end of their employment at my hotel. Residence Inn, thanks but no thanks for future visits to your hotel!
The room though was great, breakfast was also very good, just human aspects of things can be worked on, curious if there are any profiling because I booked at a "Chinese" website?

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Joker S, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Duncan I,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. I can imagine our inability to accommodate you with the room suite you booked in our hotel. On behalf of the Residence Inn Pasadena Team, I would like to extend my sincerest apology for the inconvenience that this has caused you and hoping that this will not stop you from staying with us in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Pasadena.

Joker Soriano
Operations Manager
Residence Inn Old Town Pasadena
21 West Walnut Street
Pasadena Ca, 91103
T. 626-204-9222
F. 626-204-9240

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We had a room booked 2 months in advance. When we arrived they told us they we completely booked for the night. Come to find out that they gave our room to one of their rewards program members. They did put us at the Courtyard across the street. I’m done staying at this hotel chain.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas L
Joker S, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Thomas L,