All reviews front desk cabana room shuttle service business trip el camino silicon valley first floor self parking hotel restaurant san francisco stanford university beatles luisa marcos cy brunch conference
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Room and staff were great, but the hotel was absolutely freezing. Staff apologised and, despite turning up the heating to full AND having extra fan heaters, it was ridiculously cold. Guests were wearing coats at breakfast and lunch, and staff were very apologetic that the old heating system wasn't sufficient to warm the hotel. I'm guessing, as this is California, it isn't usually a problem!

Free taxi service was brilliant and very welcome (compete with guided tour of the area!), and the location was great.

Room was fine - a bit dated, but clean and spacious with a comfortable bed. Shower was fairly good and food was also good.

Worth a stay for business, although you might want to think about the location if travelling for pleasure.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2018

I decided to take a staycation on New Years eve. I checked in and enjoyed a quiet dinner in the dining rom. I've enjoyed dinner here twice and both times the food was excellent. The menu is creative and unique. The staff were all very friendly and attentive, from the front desk to the servers. We even got a visit from one of the chefs, Stephen. The presentation of the food was impeccable too. Thrilled to learn my church started out in this hotel before moving to a bigger venue in Palo Alto.
I only wish my stay was longer so I could enjoy the poolside patio outside my room.
All of this and they are pet friendly with a little dog park in the back of the property!

Room Tip: Pool side room with patio and grass outside the French doors are great!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank heidiwynne
Reviewed 14 February 2018

I spent very little time at the hotel, but I arrived around 9:30 pm and the kitchen manager made sure I got a delicious dinner and delivered it to me by the little outside fireplace where I was sitting. His attentiveness was the highlight of the visit!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank AnnaBaldwin
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Wanted to like this hotel. Pool area is great, staff is very nice and helpful. The restaurant seems strange as it feels like it is in the middle of a conference area, but the food was actually great. Gym is nice too.

I can't speak for the tower rooms, which seem to be newer, but the poolside cabana rooms are falling apart. My carpet was stained, the furniture was worn, mattress was concave, and the ceiling was collapsing in the bathroom from leaks. The patio was pleasant and the view was good, but those are the most positive things I can say about the room. I think you can get something in better shape for the same value elsewhere, granted the whole area is very expensive.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank bmay87
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Hi bmay87,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is good to know that you were satisfied with the level of customer service delivered by our hotel staff. Thank you as well for noting the good food served.

However, I am sorry for the disappointments you had with the condition of the room received and its cleanliness. I appreciate your comments on the aspects of the room that needs updating and be rest assured, these will be shared with the management team to determine the areas that will benefit from our additional attention.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Tired and outdated for the cost of the rooms. I stayed for three nights and it took two phone calls to the front desk to get a new lightbulb in the bathroom. The cabana room I stayed in had stains throughout, less than plush bedding and completely thin & threadbare towels.

As nice as the folks at the front desk were, it doesn't make up for these outdated conditions.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank KristiMD
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Hello KristiMD,

Thanks for choosing us and for leaving a review. It is unfortunate that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us due to the condition of the rooms and the lack of attention when you called for the change of the light bulb. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you have faced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Best Regards,