Crowne Plaza Palo Alto
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$135
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

US$172
US$161
Homewood
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

US$391
US$364
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$518/night.

Country Inn(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$164
Hotel Keen(Palo Alto)
US$204
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$258/night.

Dinah's Garden Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$201
Dinahs Garden
The Zen Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$158
The Zen Hotel
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

The Westin Palo Alto(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$292
Westin.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$386/night.

Coronet Motel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$572
US$559
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$645/night.

All reviewsfront deskcabana roomshuttle servicebusiness tripsilicon valleyel caminoself parkinghotel restaurantpleasant staybusiness hotelsan franciscostanford universitystevebeatlesluisamarcoscy
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Stayed here recently for business. While there's a little room for improvement, the Crowne was definitely nicer than the Marriott up the street where I stayed last time.

Pluses: I had a "cabana room" which overlooked the pool. The furnishings, including the bathroom floor and fixtures, were modern and appeared to have been recently installed. The room itself was huge and so was the bathroom. Bed was comfy and bedding and carpet appeared to be very clean. Bathroom floor was made out of an interesting non-slip sandstone. Free wi-fi and HVAC worked well. Room had a large refrigerator for storing leftovers, drinks, etc. Front desk staff that I dealt with (an older gray haired man and a younger Asian man) were very nice and helpful - good check-in and check-out experience. Breakfast was included in my corporate rate and was very extensive, served buffet style and included a wide range of bagels/ pastries/ muffins/ croissants, charcuterie, cheese, crackers,fruit, oatmeal, cereal, juice and smoothie, and several hot items daily such as french toast/ pancakes, bacon/sausage, and potatoes and eggs. Really good breakfast. Lobby and dining areas of hotel were reasonably nice.

Minuses: My room was at the very back of the hotel, which meant to get there from the lobby I had to take elevators up, walk to the back of the building, go outside, another long walk on an outside balcony around several twists/ turns and dark corners to finally get to the room at the back. The walk to/ from the elevator is very, very long. Alternatively, you can park your car way in the back closer to the room, but then there is no elevator so you need to carry luggage up a stairwell, which incidentally had "wet paint" signs on it for part of my stay (and me in business clothes). I know this is a fairly safe area, but as a single female traveler, being in such a remote area of the building wasn't too desirable even though the room was nice on the inside. Some of the surfaces in the room (vanity, TV Cabinet, and a shelf in the tub) were visibly dirty and in need of a scrubbing. The tub shelf had hair from the previous guest. The toilet flushed weakly even though it appeared fairly new; I had to hold the handle down for about 45 seconds or it would back up into the bowl. The shower/ tub control did not work right, meaning that the shower ran all the time even when turned off - I got blasted with water from the shower the first time I tried to turn on the tub spigot. The breakfast service, which was required for coffee and for getting the bill at the end of the meal, was spotty. One time it was fine, but two other times there was a very long wait for the server, including one day when I needed to make three requests over about 15-20 minutes to get a cup of coffee despite the fact that at least three waitresses plus a host were working. Room service menu could also have used a few more choices.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

On a quick trip out west I spent 2 nights at the CP hotel. The front desk staff were efficient and friendly, the room provided restful sleep and adequate work space, the wired internet connection (wireless was available, I just didnt use it) was quick and a good location. I have stayed at other hotels up and down El Camino so in comparison, this was better than some and on equal par with others. Only suggestion for room for improvement might be a few more items on the restaurant menu, but other than that, I would stay again.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed here for business in my own room but traveling with a colleague. We did not receive much in the way of special treatment, though I have been a Priority Club member with IHG for some time - a bottle of warm water and a drink voucher for the bar. The check-in process was efficient and we were given poolside rooms, which - had I know they were outdoor access - I might not have taken.

The restaurant was the crowning achievement of this hotel in terms of service. The hostess and servers were all very professional, helpful and engaged. The food was a bit pricey, but definitely worth it. Drinks were strong, which was a relief after much travel.

Rooms were relatively quiet, except for the slamming sound every few minutes from housekeeping putting the bar lock into the doorway of the rooms they were cleaning. Breakfast at this hotel has to be ordered in to the room, but the coffee (and real creamers!) provided were nice.

I used the shuttle service several times during my 3-night stay, and Dennis (daytime driver) was wonderful. The pool area was clean and the conference rooms were packed the whole time I was there; the hotel is obviously doing well with business clientele. The business center was surprisingly spacious, with a functioning printer, internet access and FedEx envelopes available.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for its amenities for the price paid, though less expensive options in the area are certainly available.

Room Tip: "Tower" rooms are indoor access only, "poolside" rooms are outside access only.
1  Thank Kate B
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for business, and was pleased overall with the hotel. It was easy to find, and check-in was fast, friendly and efficient. In fact, the excellent service was the absolute stand-out of my stay. The staff could not have been friendlier or more responsive - I called the front desk because I thought the heater wasn't working, and someone was at my room within minutes, and they were equally as quick in responding to my request for another pack of regular coffee.

I was given a pool-view room, which was nice if a little far from the lobby. The room had a comfortable king-size bed, and a nice lounge chair with ottoman, a flat-screen TV and a desk with chair that I used for work. The bathroom was spacious, and what I liked best besides the full-length mirrors in the closet was that there was tons of counter space around the sink to fit all of my stuff. There was free, fast WiFi in the room, a necessity for business and a plus for leisure visits.

As a Priority member, I was given a bag of two (delicious) cookies, a free drink ticket, and a "sleep well" kit with earplugs, a sleep mask, and lavender linen spray which was a really nice touch.

Overall I had a great stay, and will definitely come back on my next visit to Palo Alto!

Reviewed 18 January 2012

My parents, my boyfriend, and I stayed here for an extended weekend for my nephew's 1st birthday. My parents and I stayed here a year before, when my nephew was born, but I didn't review the hotel at the time.

Check in was a breeze (as was last year). The attendant was really nice and helpful. I received a welcome gift for Priority Club members (I did not receive one last year). It contained 2 waters, a mini gift bag with 2 cookies, and a voucher for a free beverage at the bar (up to an $8 value).

We stayed around the corner from the check in desk on the first floor. One would think it would be noisy, given that we were so close to the lobby, but given the amount of time we actually stayed there, it was pretty quiet, even with an event that was going on Saturday night (the ballroom is in the back of the hotel).

My boyfriend and I had a king size room. The room was clean, and everything seemed to be stocked (towels, etc.). The tv was a nice size flat screen, and had a remote control. The channels were listed in the Guest Services handbook that was located on the desk. There was also an oversized chair next to the bed for extra seating. I also noticed there were a lot of outlets, which was nice for charging cell phones and ipods, and they were in places that not only can be reached, but can also be seen.

The bathroom was fairly large. The garment closet was also in there (as was the ironing board, etc.), and a full length mirror was inside each closet door. There was only 1 sink, but there was plenty of counter space. There could have easily been 2 sinks in there, that's how much room there was. The coffee pot and such was located in the bathroom, as well. My boyfriend and I don't drink coffee, so we never used it. Water pressure in the shower and sink were great, and there was plenty of hot water. The lighting in the bathroom wasn't the greatest for putting make-up on, but it was do-able. There was a hairdryer that worked, but I would have preferred my own. It just felt cheap, but it got the job done.

Turn down service was only done on the first night, and chocolates were left on the bed. Our TV wasn't working on the last night, so I called the front desk, and maintenance came in 2 minutes to re-set the TV. They also replaced a bulb in the bathroom. We did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment on the food, service, etc. I did use that voucher for a free drink, and had a glass of white wine on the second night. Since it was January, the pool was closed, so we did not have an opportunity to use it. My boyfriend used the fitness center. He did not comment either way about the room or the equipment. I used the fitness center last year, and found it to be small and stuffy. The equipment worked, but by no means did I feel like I was in a state-of-the-art facility. But, it's do-able.

Check out was a breeze. Anytime we came in or out of the hotel, we were always greeted by any staff member we passed, no matter what their role was at the hotel. Very friendly! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Andreamy7, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Dear mssnappy1972,

It is a pleasure to hear about your experience at the Cabana Hotel. Thank you for being a priority member and I apologize that the complimentary priority club member items were not given in your previous visit.
I hope that you come to visit us during the summer to enjoy our pool.
Thank you for writing about your positive experience at the Cabana Hotel.

Best Wishes,