1,243 results
All reviews poolside restaurant trader vics koi fish steam shower exercise bike pool side an oasis water features el camino beautiful grounds chain hotels silicon valley rooms are large old school king bed front desk staff parking lot
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We enjoyed our stay at Dinah's. It was an oasis of lush green foliage. The rooms are lovely and the property is quiet. Restaurants dot the property. Nestled in the center of Palo Alto, this hotel is a pleasant respite from the chains.

Stayed: June 2017
DinahsGardenHotel, Front Office Manager at Dinah's Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your recent visit to Dinah's Garden Hotel. We do take great pride in our koi gardens, as well as the flowers and fauna throughout the property, and are happy that you enjoyed the grounds. We're also happy that you enjoyed your room and hope that you were able to take advantage of our Poolside Restaurant, as well as Alexander's By the Sea seafood restaurant, which is located right next to the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
All the Best,

Reviewed 28 September 2017

From the minute I entered the hotel reception, all of the staff were extremely welcoming and courteous. This continued through all areas restaurant, grounds staff and cleaning staff - everyone was so friendly. The room was very comfortable and clean with great internet connections. Overall a most enjoyable visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for the kind words and five star review of your recent stay with us at Dinah's Garden Hotel. We are pleased to hear that the staff took good care of you and that you enjoyed your room, the hotel grounds, and our Poolside Restaurant. We hope that you will visit us when your travels bring you back to the area.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Very interesting hotel. Nice just to walk around the place. It place has a Zen like feel. Need to try the restaurant and pool. Did not see a hot tub by the pool but it would be nice if the had one. Enjoyed the ponds and landscape and interesting art all around the grounds.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks Michael for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at Dinah's Garden Hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the property and hope that you will be able to visit us again and dine at our Poolside Restaurant when your travels bring you back to the Silicon Valley area.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Breakfast in room was delicious ranging from multiple kinds of egg dishes,omelets, breakfast meats, oatmeal, fresh fruit, fresh juices,toast and more. There is coffee in room. Has a small refrigerator in room, but big enough to keep a water bottle and leftovers. Have stayed here at l;east three times and all have been wonderful! Thanks Dinah's.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your third stay with us at Dinah's Garden Hotel. We truly appreciate the kind words and five star review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our Poolside Restaurant and hope that your fourth stay with us will be in the near future.
Best Wishes,

Reviewed 27 September 2017

This stay was longer than my last but I spent less time at the hotel and used fewer of its amenities. I was only in the lobby during check-in and check-out, didn't have any meals on-site, and walked the grounds only once. We stayed in the back of the hotel along the lagoon (600) instead of near the pool (100) and so I actually never saw the pool. Part of why I'm writing again is to point out that your experience at Dinah's may vary depending on where in the large complex your room is located. In the back, I felt as if i could be almost anywhere, except when I looked out while crossing the outdoor walkway to our bank of rooms and saw the lagoon. When we stayed very close to the pool, restaurant, and lobby (right over the fitness center) I was always reminded that I was at a resort-like property, though at times it was a bit noisy and/or smelly due to the proximity to the restaurant and pool. I also noticed that there were several dogs staying in rooms in the back. There's a fenced area in the back (near 800) that dog-owners seemed to use for morning business. The dogs didn't bother me, but it was different. The last thing I noticed this time that i don't recall noticing last time was the firm beds and over-stuffed down pillows, also fairly firm. I didn't like either too much. Feathers from the pillows actually came through and poked me. I'm still scheduled to come back another time, in part because I think my parents will really appreciate being able to stay near the pool where they can just hang out and watch the kids play. I will request a room where they can be sure to enjoy that amenity.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
DinahsGardenHotel, Front Office Manager at Dinah's Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on your second stay with us at Dinah's Garden Hotel. The property here at Dinah's is spread out and we do have many different types of rooms located throughout the property. Our Garden and Garden Deluxe Rooms are our standard room types that are located around the pool and restaurant area and are popular with families who plan on taking advantage of the pool and/or our restaurant. Our deluxe rooms, which comprise roughly half or our 129 rooms, also have various types of rooms to choose from. Our Deluxe Lagoon View and Deluxe Patio View rooms look right out to our Koi Garden area, while most of our rooms with two queen beds, as well as our eight pet friendly rooms, are located at the back of the property, close to the new Milla and Raymond Handley Park that we opened this year. We also have some wonderful suites located in buildings 400, 500, and 800 for those who need some more floor space. I hope that brief explanation can help you choose the best room type for you in the future. We would be happy to go
over the room types in more detail if you would like to give us a call. We also do provide foam pillows upon request, so if you think that would be more comfortable for you, please let our desk know at check in. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best Regards,