“great place to eat”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University Ave
Transit: VTA 35, Caltrain
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Great place. Reminded me of the places i went to as a kid. The food is fantastic, the portions are big and the service was excellent. A bit pricey but everything in Silicon Valley is pricey! Kids and adults will love it.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Old time feel. Substantial servings. Have had dessert and dinner on other visits. Breakfast on this visit. Directly across the street from our hotel. Good breakfast selection: variety of omelets, specials.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

A good ol fashioned creamery and diner. Good food and great malts and milkshakes. Booths are quaint and there is a bakery in the back with great pastry. A real treat if you haven't been in a place like this for a long time. Reminds me of my youth going there. Enjoy.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Stumbling across this diner was a treat. I was immediately drawn to the exterior which resembled something from a movie scene. Not having diners like this in South Africa I could not resist having breakfast there. The ambience did not let it down and it was just as I would have imagined diner service would be even down to the smell.

It was spotless and the servers were attentive, friendly and helpful. I had the eggs, bacon and hash brown the portions were huge and easily could feed two people. It was accompanied with sour bread toast that I had the house jam with. The jam resembled something called marmalade that we have at home but was delicious.

I could have sat there all day watching fellow diners.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Loved everything about breakfast at this diner including the atmosphere and true retro style. Good portions and fast. Great service. We had enchiladas and other egg dishes. Get the bacon! Awesome! Will be back if we are ever in Palo Alto again.

Date of visit: July 2017