“Awesome food and service”
Review of Mango Caribbean Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mango Caribbean Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean
San Jose, California
“Awesome food and service”
Reviewed 30 January 2011

This is a long overdue review as I've been going to Mango Caribbean Restaurant for some time and have always enjoyed my meals there. The owner is warm, friendly and inviting. The owner Vincent makes you feel like you're a guest in his home. The service is 4 star. I have never have to wave anyone over to take my order or refill my water. The reggae music in the background always make me feel like I'm on vacation on some Island, thus I instantly relax. The food, my goodness...... I wish the Mango Caribbean restaurant was closer to my home and work. I've taken my co-workers and friends here and they all love it. There is a wonderful selection to choose from. The Trinidad and Tobago is my absolute favorite, along with the perfect side of plantains. I wish they had multiple locations, but then it might lose its uniqueness.

Visited November 2010

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I liked the Caribbean atmosphere of the restaurant as well as the imaginative names of the dishes -- I ordered the...”
Reviewed 14 July 2008

I liked the Caribbean atmosphere of the restaurant as well as the imaginative names of the dishes -- I ordered the "Yeahman Quesadillas" which were quite tasty. I also ordered a ginger beer which had quite a kick and, for dessert, we had ice cream with fried bananas. Overall, my visit was favorable, so I'd like to try this restaurant again.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It was yummy. Fried plantains were good and jerk chicken was spicy but moist. Cute little place.”
Reviewed 27 April 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“everyone i know likes this place, but i've tried it multiple times now and still don't understand the allure.”
Reviewed 5 February 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good blended drinks. Avoid the chicken pelau.”
Reviewed 29 December 2007

Good blended drinks. Avoid the chicken pelau.