The Westin Palo Alto
  • Breakfast included
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$569
  • Restaurant
Dinah's Garden Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$223
Dinahs Garden
The Zen Hotel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$238
The Zen Hotel
Coronet Motel(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 31/05
US$147
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

Free cancellation until 31/05
US$629
US$615
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$782/night.

Country Inn(Palo Alto)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/06
US$164
US$157
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$1,025
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsheavenly bedstanford universityseparate tubwalking distanceroom servicefront desk staffclose to downtownself parkfour seasonssmall poolrestaurants and shopscaltrain stationsilicon valleybusiness centerthe location is perfectrooms are spaciousel camino
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My husband and I just finished an extended stay at The Westin Hotel in Palo Alto, Ca. and I cannot say enough about the hotel and staff. Caroline at the front desk is so wonderful. She always has a beautiful smile on her face and greets me and my husband like we are her dearest friends. She and her incredible staff are as friendly and helpful as could be. All and any requests are taken care of immediately and they go out of there way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms and common spaces are equally great. The cleaning staff are prompt and very accommodating. They have the room looking like new just as soon as you make it available for cleaning. If you need extra towels, blankets or anything, the staff has it to you in no time. The rooms are extremely comfortable as well. My husband and I travel a lot and often times the a/c and heating don't work that well...but not at the Westin. The temperature control is extremely responsive. If you're too hot or cold, it's just a few short minutes before the room is exactly the way you want it. Also, my husband and I are rather picky about the mattresses we like to sleep on and the beds at the Westin are perfect. The amenities in the rooms are also great. They have a lovely restaurant on site as well and we always partake in the morning buffet. The food is delicious and once again, the waiters and waitresses couldn't be nicer or more responsive. I wish there was a Westin Hotel (along with this staff) in every city...it would make traveling a whole lot easier and nicer!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Dear IssyUSA,
Thank you for staying with us again and for your rave review of our hotel. I am so pleased that you find our team and hotel consistently top-notch! We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon. Rest assured, I share yours and all Trip Advisor feedback with our entire team.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

SCAM... STAY AWAY!!! Tried to book the hotel with the special offer. All dates, time period, and other conditions of the offer were in compliance. Yet they do not honor the offer. There are no other restrictions nor fine print to review. I tried calling the hotel and was given to the main reservation center and they confirmed that the dates are valid, there are no room type restrictions associated with offer, nor any other reason the promotion should not work.
I will not stay at a hotel that does not do what they say they are going to do. Especially when it is in writing.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank yourtravelexpert
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear yourtravelexpert,
Thank you for reaching out on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry that you feel you were mislead by our hotel. We were not familiar with the Special Offer featured on Trip Advisor until you brought it to our attention. We are working with Starwood and Trip Advisor to have it removed as soon as possible as it is not a promotion that we are part-taking in. Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention and I am sorry for the frustration caused.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Very disturbing. I got charged an extra $500 something on my credit card. When I realized and called to inquire about this mistake, but the manager (after doing some due diligence) told me that my credit card was used for another guest as he and I happened to check in at the same time. Apparently, the front desk person got confused and ended up checking me in with the credit card I provided and checking a second guest in again with my credit card. I realized this mistake now (a week later) when I saw my credit card bill as there is a $500 something charge there from Westin Palo Alto - which they are telling me is the other guest's 2 night stay bill. The person on the phone said they would reimburse me, but I feel extremely unsafe and uncomfortable about how this hotel handled my private information (credit card). So, if you do stay here, make sure you double check your credit card bills.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TeamTakim
westinpaloaltoGM, General Manager at The Westin Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear YosM,
I was very sorry to hear what transpired during your recent stay. It must have been unsettling having your card double-charged. I am pleased that it was rectified expeditiously. Please rest assured experiences such as this are uncaccepteable and not at all typical of our property. After further researching how it transpired, additional training was completed with our entire Front Desk team. Please let me know if I may assist you with anything at all and feel free to reach out to me directly if you wish to discuss the matter further.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

As the other reviews tell you, the Westin Palo Alto is a very convenient location, with a friendly boutique style. I am disappointed, however, by how they look after their Starwood Platinum guests, consider the following:

1. No room upgrade for me, I just have a standard room
2. No club lounge
3. No complimentary breakfasts, or even a bagel, for Platinum guests
4. Internet service requires you to re-pay per day, per device (even though it is complimentay and later deducted from your bill....a hassle over 3 devices)
5. No welcome drink
6. No happy hour/complimentary cocktails.
7. No free parking

Indeed (apart from the free Internet which is a guaranteed benefit), I can't see any other benefit being offered to Platinum guests here. This is disappointing, as many other Starwood hotels make a huge effort for us.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Steve1234576

Dear Steve1234576,
I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations relating to priority treatment given to Platinum SPG guests. We appreciate your loyalty and certainly aim to make you and our SPG guests feel special. Because our hotel does not have a Club Level and only 9% of our inventory are suites, we continually strive for other ways to make our Platinum guests feel appreciated including upgrading our Platinums to preferred SPG rooms when suites are not available. Thank you for your feedback and ideas as it will help us to improve as we finalize our SPG welcome program for 2012. Again, I am sorry that we fell short during this trip and hope that we might make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Straight off the bat, I think the thing I enjoy most when I stay in the Westin PA is the shower. It's one of the best I've ever used.

That to one side, it's a very comfortable hotel, great bed, nice staff. Never eaten there, but I'm sure it's standard US buffet.

It's also got a great location at the top of University Ave, strolling distance to the bars & restaurants of PA. Also literally beside Caltrain if you want to travel to SF or SJ direction.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Colm D

Dear Colm D,
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor, I am so pleased that you enjoyed our team, Heavenly Shower, Heavenly bed, and location. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future, please let us know if we can assist you with anything at all.