“Amazing vegan food!”

Ranked #67 of 387 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I saw this place on a vegan's Insta story and I knew that even though I only had one day in the Bay area, this place would be where I eat. My husband isn't vegan and rarely enjoys the places I take him. But we ordered five separate dishes to try and every single one was amazing! Sesame chicken!!?! Are you kidding. It was incredible.

The owner was friendly and helpful in narrowing us down when I couldn't decide. I'm used to only having one or two options on a restaurant menu so when I could pick anything I wanted on three solid pages my brain almost melted. This was the best meal of our California holiday.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Stepped in for a quick lunch just 2PM 30 min before their closing - there was only one couple finishing theirs. Very quick and kind service, tasty food - just one block off from the University Str.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Terrible place, not attractive, service - husband & wife team do everything so u can imagine from cooking to serving, the dishes are thrown on your table with just forks, glasses that are dirty because I v a feeling they don’t even have a dishwasher - food is ok not spectacular like people write - on their website it specifies credit cards - when we finished our meal the owner said cash only - we did that even though she lied - that’s to me a place that I would not trust - not w anything - shame on u - if it wasn’t for taking cash from us - I would not write such a terrible review - learn to be honorable like the “Chinese culture “ - stay away ......

1  Thank sandybar
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had a vegan friend among us hence we ordered take out chinese vegan from Garden Fresh.

Between the 5 of us we ordered:

- brown rice
- wontons
- chicken chow mein
- sweet and sour pork
- crispy duck
- beef broccoli
- tofu delight

Among everything I tried, I only liked the chow mein and beef broccoli but even these two dishes weren't too tasty. Something was definitely off in the taste so I didn't really enjoy dinner :( . We paid a bill of $100 which I think was fine considering we ordered 7 dishes!

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

First off it is difficult to find anything delicious that isn't just rice or veggies when you are vegetarian.

Well my girls and I are vegetarian with one of us vegan. The one who is vegan had heard about this place so we decided to go here after work one day.

This was amazing!!

The options are plenty!! They have meat substitutes that actually resemble the meat they are meant to be [coming from my friend who was an omnivore before going vegetarian]. They have wine and beer as well which was a nice touch to our ladies night!

But I cannot emphasize enough how delicious this food was! We kept ordering more and different things!

You should check this place out, even if you are a carnivore, because they offered dishes you just don't see anywhere!