“Average place, too expensive”

Mayfield Bakery & Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Mayfield Bakery & Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 387 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Embarcadero Road
Reviewed 6 October 2018

I got an upset stomach after eating their sweet corn soup. The brunch is nothing more than average and it is TOO expensive. Definitely not worth the price at all. The coffee was absolutely terrible.

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

My wife, my brother-in-law and myself went here both for the food and a family conversation. Both were accomplished.

As we entered the cafe, I indicated that we had a reservation. The hostess directed us to a table immediately at the front door! No way was I taking this table. Ridiculous! I told her no, and took her to a table that was much more appropriate. I was shocked that anyone would even think of sitting anyone at the table offered. This is actually a training issue that could be corrected with some guidance.

Once past this unfortunate start, everything else fell into place nicely. We had an excellent server. We ordered warm olives to snack on while we had a before dinner drink. I ordered a Caesar salad and chicken pot pie. Both were really good. My wife had the salmon, and my brother-in-law the half roasted chicken. They really liked their meals. We had a very good Pinot Noir with our entrees. We finished our meal with an order of beignets, which we shared.

We spent the next hour or so just talking. They made sure we had plenty of water to drink during this time. We enjoyed our time here and would definitely go back.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Mayfield bakery and café is in an accessible part of Palo Alto that has many shops around including Sur La Table. The vibe is upbeat and friendly except for our waitress last Saturday. She definitely needs a positivity adjustment. Otherwise the food was good and the drinks ordered were refreshing. Go grab a latte around the corner and shop at Sur La Table after having a wonderful and satisfying meal. Don’t forget to take a few bakery confections home with you as well!

Reviewed 21 August 2018

My son picked me up after I had a late flight from Atlanta and a late night class; I was hungry. Couldn't stomach fast food and we went to the Mayfield because it was open and I heard it was good. It was. My son and I split a Caesar Salad, Garlic Bread, Corn Soup, and a tomato, basil, mozzarella pizza. All of it was delicious.

1  Thank IrishSurfer
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Waited over 20 minutes to order
After 20 minutes we had to remind the server what we ordered
First & Main Course came at same time
I asked my main course to be sent back to keep warm
Got main course, took a bite and it was COLD
Sent it back assuming they would make a new one - NO...they reheated it so it was double cooked veggies & fish - AGAINST SANITARY REGULATIONS to put eaten food in common cooking area
And it was Second time out in a year because I am new Mom & it was my birthday & it was the last dinner with my friend who moved out of the country.
= WORST RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE. I can get better service at a gas station!