“Dinner with friends”
Review of Dan Gordons

Dan Gordons
Reserve with OpenTable
Dan Gordons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 387 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Reviewed 12 October 2018

While visiting Palo Alto, I had the chance to have dinner at Dan Gordon's. Mostly because one of our co-workers wanted crafted beer.
The beer I was told was good (I don't drink) but the food I have to say was not what I expected.
If you decide to come, to enjoy a good environment, courteous and prompt service, crafted beer, this is a nice spot to do so. Although, I have to say food is not as good.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I was pretty excited to read that this was one of the best BBQ joints in the area. I recalled being here when it was a Gordon Biersch. It's went from fancy food to all country picnic which was kinda cool. They had some amazing beers that I could sample until the next day, love their Kolsch. The food was a major disappointment. I had a pulled pork sandwich, which was way over cooked, tasteless and very dry. I had to smoother it in BBQ sauce. The bun was hard. The sides were terrible and they didn't have "dirty beans" or sweet potato fries or cole slaw. The bigger disappointment since it was business lunch and couldn't have a beer, there was no sweet tea! Maybe if good BBQ for city folk, but I probably will only go back for the beer.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We came in late after the Stanford game and absolutely felt at home here
We tried a sampling of different kinds of bbq. The ribs were smoky and delicious. The hot links were really spicy. The best part for me was the selection of bbq sauces, especially the mustard based. The IPA was the perfect accompaniment to the bbq. We’ll be back next time we’re in the area.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

I really wanted to like this place. The food is pretty good but it is the service that kind of misses the mark. They have paper towels on the table which is reminiscent of a southern bbq place. I get that, and I like it, but the clientele and pricing they are looking for doesn't not match the paper towels and service-yourself cutlery. I would like to see the place classed up a bit to be able to demand that pricing and fit in with the locale.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Just around the corner of our hotel, we found this amazing barbecue place where we were incredibly served by Robinson. A fun night and a delicious meal with locally brewed beer.