“Good food, good value.”
Review of Tropicale

Tropicale
Reserve with OpenTable
Tropicale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 357 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Encilia
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Visited recently for an evening meal with my wife. We hadn't booked, but, were offered a table outside, which was nice.

The tables are close to the others, but not so much that it is uncomfortable.
The food is good, and plentiful! I have a good appetite, and i struggled to finish my meal.
Not expensive, and nice settings. I would recommend a visit anytime.

1  Thank Manny T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

We phoned in a reservation for 5:45 for 2. On the terrace which is the outside seating area. Since it was in the mid 70’s it was perfect. Tropicale has a large indoor seating area with large booths and some tables, a large bar with bar stools inside and on the terrace. Staff is very well trained and polite. We were seated immediately even though we were 10 minutes early after a welcome greeting at the front desk. To stay light after our drinks order we shared Vietnamese spring rolls ( 2 large roll each cut in half)$11, then both of us ordered entre size salads, myself the caesar with grilled chicken breast $21 and my dining companion the full cobb $20. During our meal there was a celebrity whom came in and was seated and staff handled her with zero problems and there was no big issue for anyone else in the packed restaurant. This apparently is a frequent occurrence here. Since we ate light we both ordered desert, the fresh baked cookies are 6 in number $14 and the apple pie with scoop of vanilla ice cream $16 was served perfectly warmed and scrumptious. We also had at the beginning one glass of Malbec $12 and a special drink which included a donation to hurricane relief the drink is called the Tropicale Hurricane $14 it was very strong but good.
All in all a great experience worthy of my max 4 stars.
Thanks.

1  Thank Mike71553
Reviewed 11 October 2018

During a recent trip out West, we stopped in Palm Springs. Our interest was the marvelous Mid Century architecture. So we stayed downtown. One of my friends had recommended Tropicale. He was right on. While this is a LBGT establishment, don't let that put you off. Great decor, huge menu, and great staff. We were there on a Sunday, which is sushi night. But they also had an Oktoberfest special. My German background won out. Terrific meal. My wife had the spaghetti and meatballs and she raved about it.
Highly recommended

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Had dinner yesterday at Tropicale. I always enjoy being there. This was my first visit since they refurbished and reopened the patio. It looks amazing. New overhead shade system with great lighting and misters.
Special food selections this month with a very Asian influence.
The service was outstanding, the server a true professional.
Get there before the crowds arrive!

1  Thank ronj476
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We had a really good experience at the Tropicale and can't believe we had never been there. We went specifically to have dinner on the patio so this review is based on that experience. We ordered cocktails and dinner which were all great.

Date of visit: April 2018