All reviews purple palm casita room boutique hotel pool area mini bar outdoor fireplace romantic getaway great boutique mid week old school beautiful pool lounge chairs the parker small hotel the main drag downtown area downtown palm springs
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I've stayed here in the high season (February) but wanted a getaway with my daughter. Staff and rooms were great. The Purple Palm restaurant on property is well staffed with a nice variety of offerings. The pool is great and ambiance is boutique, clubby and lowkey.
Only complaint is that the website suggests this is a resort more for adults but some saw fit to bring children. Several babies but the older kids in the pool were noisy and disruptive. I did complain and the noise level was down the next day.
A nice feature is that the restaurant is situated by the pool for outdoor eating!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Peggy T, General Manager at Colony Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Ellen W

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay. We appreciate all comments both positive and negative as they will only help us improve our product and service. We will continue to enhance the experience for all ensuring every guest has the stay they dreamed of.

The Purple Palm is a local favorite so it is always nice to see when our guest enjoy such a great amenity.

We certainly hope to see you back at the Colony Palms soon.
Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

The Colony Palms is such a nice hotel to stay at, right in the heart of downtown Palm Springs. It was extremely convenient as it was a 10min drive to the airport, 5min walk to some of the best restaurants/bars (Workshop, Truss & Twine, Koffi, Eight4Nine, etc.) The waiters at the pool were extremely friendly and tentative.

The receptionist at the desk was also extremely nice. I had a pair of sunglasses that had broken (ear piece had a screw loose), and I went to the front desk around 10pm, and asked if she knew of any places nearby I could go to get them repaired. She said she did not know off the top of her head, but that she would do some research and I could come back in the morning for some more information. When I visited the reception desk the next morning, she was not working, but had left a note with the shop's name, hours for the day, address, and a note letting me know they had great reviews for glass repairs. That was above and beyond the service I expected, and was extremely happy she was able to do that for me!

I would definitely recommend Colony Palms for their cute rooms, great service, and perfect poolside area for anyone looking to visit Palm Springs!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Brandon W, Front Office Manager at Colony Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear Jessie P,

Thank you so much! We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning the outstanding service delivered by our front desk staff, as well as the friendly and attentive pool staff! I will be sure to recognize them. We look so forward to your return!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

The dark-haired woman on reception was rude. The room was not ready. She asked us to take our own bags back outside (in the 110-degree heat) to wait for the valet. She didn't have listening skills. It was as if we were not guests of the hotel until the room was ready. No one knew anything about the amenities: We asked about yoga. Front desk said there was none. Later found out (in the room), that it is offered. When we asked about a later check-out, the same woman barked at us that it wasn't an option. It felt like the front desk of a federal prison versus a luxury hotel.
I'm wary of sounding like I might work for a rival hotel, but the next day we checked into the Avalon, and the service was a breath of fresh air-- they were welcoming, charming, gave us a tour of the property, made us feel like royalty.
In summary, hotels live and die on their treatment of guests. We won't return to the Colony. (Great food though! hence the two stars)

Room Tip: Avoid front desk staff
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Peggy T, General Manager at Colony Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Jeff M

Please accept my sincere apologies for the service or lack there of that you received from our staff at the Colony Palms. This is not typical of the service we strive to maintain, please know every day we are working on continuously trying to improve. Please know your comments will be used as a teaching moment in order for us to impact the lives of future guests.

Once again Jeff M, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a friends birthday weekend.
Our room was upgraded to a suite as the double queen room we’d booked was in need of maintenance. The room was beautiful. No complaints.
It was really hot and we headed down to the pool.
Unfortunately there wasn’t many lounge beds available and not much shade. The pool was in desperate need of cleaning, it wasn’t just cloudy it also had a lot of bugs floating in it. I’m not sure why a staff member doesn’t just quickly skim the top of the pool every once in awhile, I know the guests would prefer that.
Loved the food at the Purple Palm restaurant! Both dinner and breakfast were delish. My only complaint would be that the food could have been warmer. I’m one of those people who likes my food hot!
I got a decent nights sleep until early morning around 5am when I heard doors slamming so that was annoying. Wish I’d brought ear plugs.
Overall I had a pleasant stay. Nothing amazing but enjoyable.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Peggy T, General Manager at Colony Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Shaz2018329

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Colony Palms. Please know we take all comments positive and negative and learn from them as it is our goal to continuously improve both our product and service. We hope to see you again as we would love for you to notice the small changes we made to improve your overall experience.

Thank you again for staying at the Colony Palms, we truly hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

this got an award a while back. they've let themselves go after. incredibly unkept and dirty with ignorant staff. the rooms feel like you are in a cheap motel. the pool was very murky and the staff was incredibly noisy throughout the night

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 924kaj
Peggy T, General Manager at Colony Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear 924kaj:

Please accept my sincere apologies for your recent visit this is certainly not how we want our guest to feel when they depart. I have recently come on board as the General Manager and please be assured we take all comments to heart and will address each and every concern. It is our goal to continue to improve and we will only do so by listening to our guest.

I have reached out to you directly as i would love to hear more about your stay.

Once again, I am truly sorry and I do hope to hear from you