All reviews purple palm casita room boutique hotel pool area mini bar outdoor fireplace romantic getaway great boutique beautiful pool mid week old school open hours lounge chairs the parker small hotel the main drag downtown area
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Great place to escape the city and unwind poolside. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Small hotel so not very much traffic which is nice for a relaxing getaway. The hot tub was open late which allowed us to enjoy the poolside into the night.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2015

I made the reservation at this hotel for 4/19 for 1 day, checking out on 4/20. They charged me for 2 nights - an additional $560.25. I gave them proof that I made the reservation for 1 night, but they would not issue me a refund. Initially, the supervisor, Melissa told me that they would be issuing a refund and then someone called me back and said they changed their minds.

They agree that I checked in on 4/19 and checked out on 4/20, but they said I made the reservation for 4/18 - 4/20 and therefore had to pay for both nights, which is incorrect. They even admit that their employee entered the reservation at 4pm on 4/18. They're saying that I made the reservation at 4pm on 4/18, for 2 nights, then decided not to show until the next day. Nonsense. I was in a different state on 4/18 and had to fly back to LA that night - my flight didn't arrive until midnight. I also had a friend with me that confirms we stayed for 1 night.

This was an error on their part and despite me showing them this proof, they would not refund my money. They kept putting me on hold for 15-20 minutes and I left a message for the Hotel Manager, Justin [--], and he never returned my call. When I'm spending over $500/night at a hotel, I expect far better service. What a let down.

I ended up disputing this with my credit card company and I am awaiting the results.

The hotel itself is was mediocre and definitely NOT a $500/night hotel. Not even close. The pool area was very small and we couldn't even lie out at the pool because there were no chaise lounges available.

I go to Palm Springs often and usually stay at The Hyatt Regency (formerly Hyatt Grand Vacations) in Palm Desert, which is awesome. This place looked really nice and I decided to try them out - never again.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
11  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 11 May 2015

The food was good and the pool area looked inviting with many comfortable lounge chairs to enjoy the sun.Only adventurous germans and european girls in general went for a swim.I t was rather cold but the sky was deep blue.The food was good but the service was not up to par.Luckily there where no noisy families at this time. since she did sunbathe .Again I am reporting what my wife thinks and the view from the pool towards the lower and upper room is kind of quaint.The room was big and so was the bathroom so no complaints about that.Just think that you are surrounded by desert so the barren hills in the background point out to this fact.The colonial red tiled roof grounds the spanish mexican architecture quite well.Its not a new hotel.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2015

I stopped by one morning around 8AM to see the property and was very favorably impressed. Few people were up that early and the property seemed like a calm oasis with a pretty courtyard and beautiful pool, just like in the pictures. I looked forward to returning later for a relaxing late lunch poolside.
Big mistake.
Full of people, that courtyard becomes a chaotic mess. Several loud customers who clearly had too much to drink ruined all the calm I noticed earlier. Several had glass drink containers while inside (not just near) the pool - a real safety hazard should those glasses shatter in the pool. No employee seemed the least fazed by any of the shenanigans.To make matters worse my young server was visibly disappointed that I was dining solo (small tip for that one). His service was slow, grudging, and my water was not refilled, but the overhead misting devices ensured that my head and my food were relentlessly spritzed while the nearby partiers shouted to each other. The only positive of the otherwise awful experience was an admittedly very good steak salad served in an edible bowl (naturally the server had no idea whether the bowl was gluten-free and did not seem to care either). Far better choices exist nearby that lack the Colony Palms' frat-party atmosphere. Can you tell that I will not return?

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank JoeYswimmer
Reviewed 29 March 2015 via mobile

Very disappointed.... Second stay there was a disaster... Poor service from the wait staff ( an hour for guacamole ) was told they had to grind the avocado by hand. Really that takes an hour??? Noisy room next to the main road... They offered tho change the room but it took more than 4 hours so we told them not to bother...Got up at 6:30 to snag a cabana and was asked to vacate about 9:30 because it was reserved... (It is by reservation or first come first served it can't be both) It seems that we spent most of our time we were accommodating them.... The bottom line is line that we shortened our stay by three days and won't ever go back... Price is way to high for the crappy level of service...

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank valk96