All reviews kings highway amigo room dog park stumptown coffee highway restaurant hipster hotel standard king patio room pool area avocado toast record player cool hotel main pool cool vibe younger crowd fish tacos great design
Reviewed 24 May 2018

We stayed at the Ace two nights earlier this week. We had a patio room with a fireplace on the patio. I don't think I would call this hotel "fancy", it's more "fun." The room and the hotel have a great energy, more of a 1960's beach vibe. We liked it! We used the room service quite a bit (even had our lunch delivered to us at the pool). The pool is large (even by Palm Springs standards). And there's two pools. One is a "quiet" pool. I would give the hotel 4 stars with one exception. And it's a big exception. The hotel actively books weddings. The venue is the quiet pool area. On our first night, there was a wedding that started at 5pm. Since our room/patio was about 30 feet away from the DJ, we weren't able to use our patio the first night. It really felt like we were sitting outside someone's wedding (which I guess we were). I had to listen to all the bride/bachelor speeches along with the DJ music (not my taste in music). It quieted down a bit around 10 pm, but became very noisey again around 1am. It quieted down for good about 2:15 am. We paid extra for the patio so we were disapointed. This one thing aside, everything else was great and we do plan to return. But next time I'll ask if there's an event going on before I book.

Stayed: May 2018
3  Thank John95628
Reviewed 15 May 2018

I have stayed at the Ace many times in the early days when they actually seemed to care about the people who stay there. I recently stayed there on a Sunday for my wife's birthday. We made our reservation 3 weeks before and arrived around 11:30 to check in. There were a couple of hipsters in Cowboy hats with a pooch in front of me. They asked for a person who worked there, obviously a friend, hugs were exchanged and they said they were cruising by, had no reservation but wanted to see if there was a room. Sure we have a room the buddy said and got them set up with a patio room with the dog.
All good, nothing wrong with this at all. Until I was told no rooms were available and they would call as soon as one was. Went to town had lunch and no call. Came back and asked, no room. Went to the car to get a swim wear, changed in the stinky pool crapper,Headed to the pool. This is where I saw the hipster buddies, with no reservation stroll into a poolside patio room. A room that I'd think someone who reserved a room weeks ago should have gotten before a walk in. After asking about our room 2 more times, never got a call, we finally got a crappy room behind the new structure where they have yoga at around 2:45.
Service sucks, attitude is in full supply. I had to fight to get two towels each at the pool, which is over crowded and dirty. I think my days at the Ace are over. There are hotels that actually want you to have a good experience in PS, and The Ace is NOT one of them. Skip it, its not that cool.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Gunnar18
Reviewed 12 May 2018

Overall a nice social hotel that fits in well with the surrounding scenery and has a nice view of the mountains in the background. It can be a bit pricey but is appropriate for the area. The rooms have a very trendy and beach club kind of feel, the bed is comfortable, and the ambiance is appropriate. The pool is generally heavily used and is very social. There is a good amount of seating in the pool area so it isn't too hard to find somewhere to relax.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2018

Stayed in a standard king which was fine, very close to the pool, had a problem with the door and some cleaning issues, which were dealt with very quickly, the food was good, but it's a family and young persons kind resort, not too many people over 50 were there when we stayed. But very relaxing with good staff. Cool idea to have free bikes available for guests. Not my cup of tea, but a good experience overall,

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ml0brien
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for spring break with another family. The food, atmosphere, rooms, fireplace nooks, and staff were all so great. I was worried that the hotel would be too hipster for us but that was far from the case. There were families and kids everywhere. I do understand how people without kids and/or not wanting to be around kids would be disappointed with the pool scene. We’ll be back for sure!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family