See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 March 2018

I made the mistake of thinking the reviews online were exaggerated, they were worse. Upon checking in, the manager was eating his dinner in the main office and made the whole office smell. Everybody's got to eat but don't do it in front of your customers. Upon getting my room key I attempted to enter my room to no avail. An employee ended up having to throw his shoulder into the doorway to get it to open. The handle felt like it was going to fall off. The room smell like it had been smoked in even though it was technically a non-smoking room. The carpet had multiple stains on it and looked like it hadn't bee clean in ages. The bathroom sink area seemed fine but that shower was on its last leg. Handles were corroded and there was a hole in the fiberglass where the handle is. The bed was pretty bad. The mattress are dirty and have probably been there for decades. The sheets had multiple stains on them, STAINS!!! When I brought this up to the manager he said I don't have to worry about the stains because the sheets are cleaned by an outside company. WHAATTTT, you seriously just told a customer to not worry about stained sheets, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. By far the worst part was the mini fridge. When I opened it up the smell of death came out. It was completely empty but literally smelled like death. It was off so I turned it on and that only proceded to slightly cool the fridge. I still smell that smell, the worst. The AC worked but man was it loud. If you like white noise, this was more like a freight train. This place either needs to be completely gutted and remodeled or just torn down and start over. I was able to get a refund for my stay. This makes a motel 6 feel like a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Kyle W
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

If you have to stay here pay more to stay else where. This place is nice to look at, in passing. Once we got here it had a feel of a old of something out of a bad horror movie, we didn't find out til later it was. Check in was easy, and it was super simple to fine our room. Now it was a ok sized room for a place that was probably build in the 50s. But the two different type beds was funny. One high up memory foam, and the other was your traditional mattress that was 3 inches lower. Come on now the beds should match. Our fridge looked as if it was never seen a wiping down. I passed on touching it even opening it. The popcorn ceiling was falling down leaving a huge gap in between itself and the ceiling. Tons of stucco all over every wall in the room but the splash of color they call themselves adding. The bathroom was clean, floors swept and mopped. The shower was ok. The entry to the bathroom was like the door was falling down and more stucco on the walls. Later that night loud guests kicked in from 12-4am was annoying, nothing like being able to hear everything your neighbors in every room was doing. This place is horrible bottom line and what a wasted weekend. Next time we'll do Motel 6 for a quick getaway.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dr_aquafresh
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

First warning never go to a hotel that has a 3 PM check-in I guess you’re just supposed to give your money away at this place two stay away from Booking.com. Once you select the hotel for a certain fee. They wait until you’re stay there and ask for more money. I was told that my checkout time by booking.com would be Saturday at 11 AM I was put out a whole day early and there’s nothing I can do about it I will stay away from this hotel is a complete rip off also but we are any hotel that has a 3 PM check- in. They are not reputable places and sometimes what looks like gold really isn’t.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank David G
Reviewed 20 November 2017

I would not write a too bad review if the price of this place was decent but for $90 a night this is a problem and it should be illegal to charge that. Otherwise I would say you get what you pay for but it`s actually not truth because it is much worse than that. $30 / night and I would say ok, whatever. The staff is friendly and there seems to be some work being done to keep this dump alive, but completely wrong way. From a contractor person`s experience I must say they don't know what they are doing. You either spend some money on updates or not but don't do what you do!!! It is still one of the cheapest accommodations in PS but it should not be for the money they ask and yet on top of that when you arrive you learn they will charge you like another $8 some sort of fee? I was very upset. It is place where all the druggies, hustlers and strangers stay. Of course there was a police activity one day ( out of two we stayed ). This could be such a nice hotel if the owners were conscious about reality of lodging business. But thats not the case. Stay away from this place, it is mistake.
Whats wrong? Almost everything: fixtures, bathrooms, leaking faucets, windows, doors, AC units, carpets ( all probably 30 plus years old ), furniture is newer ( scratched and beat up, probably discontinued from a different hotel ), mattresses. Well the new flat TV on the wall and nice pictures are not gonna make it better...

Room Tip: avoid to stay here
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michaelfaitl
Reviewed 5 September 2017

If you are looking for The Waldorf or even Motel 6..............DON'T stay at The Desert Lodge.
The Desert Lodge is fine for a one or two night inexpensive stay in Palm Springs.
Yes, the place needs tender loving care. But, my room and bathroom were clean, though could use an upgrade. The pool, shuffle board area and jacuzzi were clean but could also use an upgrade.
The grounds could use a landscaping makeover. If the owner(s) were smart they would invest in this property, there is a lot of great potential there! But, then the prices would go up. Just remember....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. When YOU CHOOSE to pay under $50 per night for a room, then YOU should expect to get under $50 worth for that room and NOT The Waldorf or Motel 6! So, if you're traveling to Palm Springs on a tight budget and you're not demanding The Waldorf or Motel 6, The Desert is Lodge is fine!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo