See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 June 2010

We have been going back to Helio's several times a year for a few years now and it is always a great stay. I can't say enough good things about the staff and owners, they are all great people. I really can't imagine staying anywhere else in Palm Springs. Helios has become like a second home to us and our dogs!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2010

My stay at Helio was great -- will definitely go back. My room was a bit outdated and in need of new carpet but otherwise the value is very good. the highlights are the grounds...very tranquil, very green, clean and well-kept; the pool is clean and heated to a perfect temperature. I found it very easy to relax at Helios. The other highlight is the staff , who are extremely friendly, welcoming and accommodating. That includes the family pooches who come by to greet you every so often but are very well-behaved. I stayed there during a party weekend but you always feel like you can get away from it if you want. Looking forward to my next stay.

2  Thank Jetspin
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Spent another 8 days at Helios and once again, had a wonderful time!! Fresh-picked lemons off their tree made my margaritas that much better. Although its still a bit cool at night in Palm Springs in early April, the weekend I was there was their Easter party and it was another HOT time in the desert. The owners and staff are top-notch and go out of their way to accommodate their guests. I am already planning the next trip and looking forward to another great, relaxing stay at Helios!

1  Thank GuyontheHill
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Having just returned from Palm Springs, I have to commend the Helios Boys for a wonderful stay! I was given a warm welcome upon my arrival and given a generous tour of the grounds. The hosts are all A-1. They are helpful and non-intrusive....in short, perfect hosts!

My room was clean and modern! It comprised of a king size bed, a galley kitchenette, and a bathroom with a modern shower ....with yes, a hose attachment---If you're gay, you'll know!! The bath was well stocked with towels and toiletries, and the kitchen had a microwave and a coffee maker with ample coffee. The room was comfortably air conditioned....not too hot...or cold! Everything was just excellent!

The outside area was very nice. There are lemon trees, birds, and lots of beautiful flowers. I was too busy to go into the pool or the hot tub, but they were clean as a whistle. The outdoor furniture was clean, and you could see that everything was well maintenanced. Breakfast in the morning was always on time and very generously supplied. I would drink my morning coffee outside of my room, and was always greeted by the three well behaved.dogs that stood guard. They would say good morning and went on their way...they were never bothersome. The play areas were great fun and well maintained as well.

I've read other reviews that complained that the hosts leave at 5pm. Um, so what?? There's enough to do and see without help. I didn't feel I needed to have my hand held. Half the fun of travelling is exploring. Helios Resort is close to everything. The casinos are within walking distance. So are most of the shops and restaurants. One doesn't need a tour guide. I do recommend renting a car though. I did on this visit and managed to branch out of central Palm Springs which really broadened my horizons. The other two times, I travelled on foot....which made for some long walks.

I give Helios Resort and the Helios Boys a BIG thumbs up. They know how to run an A-1 place for gay men. They treat their guests right!!

Reviewed 14 February 2010

My king-bedded room was very pleasant and clean and had a kitchenette with microwave, fridge and coffee maker - stocked with coffee. Adequate bath and pool towels provided. Minimal bathroom amenities. The hotel is quite small but all of the guests were friendly - a wide variety of ages/types so no one will feel out of place whether you keep your clothes on or not. The owners were charming and helpful when asked and threw a wild party on Saturday night during which only a very few of the 50-80 revelers wore more than a towel. The large hot tub was particularly popular as were the well-equipped interior play spaces given the chilly evening temps. I expect the outdoor spots would be more active in warmer weather. At other times there were few people around and it was very quiet. Breakfast was adequate though I could have wished it to be available later in the morning, particularly after the party. Free wifi was strong everywhere. While it felt on the pricey side I think it is competitive with the other gay resorts here. I'll definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo