“Wanderings of a traveling nurse”

Original Las Casuelas
Ranked #68 of 356 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

We had not tried any Mexican restaurants yet in Palm Springs, so after checking out reviews and menus we opted for Los Conseulas.
It is definitely a family friendly place also from the way the waitress talked to several tables it was a local favorite.
The salsa was chunky and mildly spicy. Tasty.
I had the Chimichanga with shredded beef. Very good. The Rancho sauce was interesting.
My husband has Chili Rellanos. Very cheesy. We are still hunting for the perfect Chili Rellano to top a dish we had in Estes Park, CO. It was good but not there yet.
I did not have a Margarita so I can not comment on theirs.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 1 February 2017

It was the last day in Palm Springs and after having had rain and cold weather, we finally got warmed up. We went to this restaurant that in the past had been great.
Because of my memory of how it was, I took friends to lunch. The margaritas were watered down and the tortilla felt like leather. The guacamole and chips were ok.

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Four of us ate dinner here recently and were very disappointed. The restaurant is small and the decor is attractive with nice paintings on the wall. The food, however, did not measure up to any of the Mexican restaurants we frequent in Southern California. I had a chicken chimichanga and they must have run out of chicken, because there wasn't any. Others in our party had meals that failed to impress as well. Suggest going elsewhere for Mexican food when in the desert.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

I ordered the tortilla soup with is one of my favourite soups. What a disappointment. It was thin, watery and the colour of dishwater. Next I had a shrimp taco. Again totally flavourless. I was sooo unimpressed.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

I like the Original Las Casuelas a whole lot better than the bigger one down the street. We had very good food in a casual enviroment.

Date of visit: December 2016