“Delicious Mole”

Price range: US$0 - US$23
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Since opening in the Spring of 1985, El Mirasol Cocinca Mexicana has built a reputation for consistently serving piping hot plates of artfully prepared Mexican regional cuisine and tangy, flavorful Margaritas. Both El Mirasol locations feature a singular focus on wholesome, fresh food with house specialties like Chicharron en Salsa, our rich aromatic Mole Sauce, thickening the sauces using flax seed, and hand made Corn Tortillas made fresh daily. Expand your Mexican food horizons with regional selections like Shrimp, Scallops or Chicken in Pipian Sauce, Spinach Enchiladas in Chile Verde or enjoy traditional favorites like Carnitas, Carne Asada and Chiles Rellenos are gluten free. The Castaneda family welcomes a chance to serve you at either of their award winning El Mirasol locations, or we can provide catering for your event from small to large at your home, your event venue or host it at our very own Los Arboles Hotel!
Reviewed 22 February 2017

I am always in search of delicious mole, particularly in the Southwest United States. El Mirasol offers very tasty mole poblano with chicken breast.

I thought that the margaritas were just average. To my taste, there were some artificial ingredients in the margaritas that I did not like...I really only want fresh ingredients.

The chips and salsa for the table were perfectly fine for the price point.

Frequently in a Tex-Mex restaurant, the beans and rice are an afterthought. Not at El Mirasol! They were both thoughtfully prepared, fresh and flavorful.

The ambiance was festive but not too loud. The restaurant was very full which I took as a good sign.

Winner!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Nothing special on the menu and noisy for dinner. The seating is open and the staff is attentive. Margarita was well prepared and mid-level pricing.

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

We came here on the recommendation of a local. I was looking for the best margarita in Palm Springs and he steered me here. The margaritas were very strong but the taste wasn't to my liking. The service was very good and very friendly. The food was also very good. My only disappointment was the margaritas.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Our hotel suggested El Mirasol for dinner and they did not disappoint. The Enchiladas Suisse's Verde were the very best I have ever eaten. Paired with a spectacular Sangria, this was the perfect expression of "great eats".

Reviewed 6 February 2017

Le Mirasol was recommended by the guys at Hotel California. They weren't wrong. Excellent food, authentic and well prepared. I had the spinach enchiladas--excellent. My wife had enchiladas suizas--which she enjoyed. I got a mexican dark beer and my wife had the house margarita--both complimented the meal and the guac and salsa we had before the main meal. The guac is excellent--we got the half order which was plenty for the two of us. Excellent service to accompany a very good meal.