All reviewswood laminate floorsper devicehang clotheslaundry roomarriving latefree wifian ironquiet roomup to dateconvention centerhot tubwithin walking distancethe air conditioningcomfortable bedsnice poolrestaurants and shopsmid century
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Just don’t. Pool was too cold to swim. Hot tub was far too hot. Tiny bathrooms, unfriendly staff, water in the shower was freezing one minute and scalding the next. Staff couldn’t have cared less. Trash all over the parking lot, uncomfortable beds, tiny towels, bad tv reception. Just don’t. Too many great places in Palm Springs to even consider staying here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathy D
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Palm Springs Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Kathy, Thank you for sharing your review. We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience you experienced with the water temperature during your stay. Please know the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the dissatisfaction you describe. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our award-winning Phoenix room redesign featuring wood-effect laminate floors. We are committed to carrying a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by providing the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities in all three of you places. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

I was simply making trips to my car parked in front of the room where I was staying to get stuff in and out and two white gay dudes decided I was being "suspicious" one of them with full on tattoo arm sleaves on both arms in a tank and shorts big guy (white) approached me and asked "what are you doing here?" and "we've called the police on you". Me: 5'2" Asian female in her early 50s. Did I seriously look that threatening???? It was unbelievable that this guy decided to come after me and I did nothing to him! The property also has a homeless guy who roams the property and takes the ice from the ice machine which leaves none for us (it was broken when I tried in 100 degree Palm Springs) and a guest in another room who I believe was another ferocious white male gay dude couldn't stop shouting in his sleep. The room had a foul dank smell that I just couldn't sleep with. NOT COMING BACK.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank worldly-zen
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Palm Springs Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is important for all of our guests to feel welcomed, receive the highest level of service, respect, and hospitality. We apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the concerns you describe. Safety and security are top priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Stayed here about a dozen times, due to the low rates and convenient location. Did not leave happy this time. I know it's a discount chain, but it's very aggravating when half the channels offered on their internal list and onscreen guide don't function. They've all worked in the past. Staff didn't seem to care at all. Everything I wanted to watch was on a frozen channel with no sound. Also, the cement in all the common areas could use a thorough power washing. In one spot I couldn't tell if someone spilled a smoothie or if it was a crime scene. The magic is gone. I'll pay more to stay down the boulevard.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank volvomanpdx
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed just for one night during road trip with friends. The poorest stay so far. There is a swimming pool but the water is not filtered so pool is full of dirt. You have to pay for Wi-Fi, there is no fridge in the room and rooms itself are tiny. Apparently up to four people can stay in the room, but certainly without luggage as there is no space to open even one suitcase. For similar price and cheaper we stayed in properties with all facilities and way bigger rooms that is why I would not recommend to stay in this motel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Here's the trick to staying at any Motel 6 in Cali : Get a room on the top floor.

Motel 6, as many hotels, have moved to that cheapo laminate flooring. In so doing, they dumped the carpets and with that intelligent move, the sound levels in the rooms went sky high - but not so much if you're on the top floor.

I slept like a baby in this Motel 6. I slept FAR better here than I did in a $250+ / night room at L.A.'s Millennium Biltmore. My after tax bill at Motel 6 was like $63 / night. I never should have left.

Motel 6 sucks because they have pay-for WI FI - a corporate money grab that absolutely infuriates me but other than that, this hotel was a pure pleasure.

The location is right at the bottom of the main strip in Palm Springs and easily within walking distance of the neat downtown shops, there's an average guy on the road's IHOP right there and on the other side is a Jack In The Box.

Also, the pharmacy up the road has good deal on ice cream. If I remember correctly, $1.99 for a single scoop and $2.69 for a double - but don't quote me on those prices. Whatever the prices are, it's a good deal. And if you've read any of my reviews, you know I'm about the deals.

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor at ANY Motel 6.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple