“Top notch tamales”

La Perlita Mexican Food
Ranked #12 of 352 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hello Everyone, please Note that we are going to temporarily close for the month of August (July 29 - Aug 30). We will re-open Friday August 31 2018. Thank You very much for your support and we apologize for any inconveniences. La Perlita Family!!
Reviewed 23 June 2016

We were visiting relatives in Palm Springs and this one of their favorite places. Tamales were excellent, enchiladas good and the guacamole just so so (seemed more like avocados just put in a blender rather than freshly mashed avocados.) The pico was flavorless--just chopped onions and a few tomatoes. Chips and salsa were great. I'd definitely go back--just wouldn't get guacamole or pico.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

My wife and I ate here when on vacation. The following was notable:
-The food the day we were there was a bit dry (though crispy) and not as flavorful as we had hoped. However, we were there on a slow week day and we not the bevy of great reviews.
-A gentleman (perhaps the owner) was very attentive and welcomed us warmly and asked where we were from. The service was good.
-Parking is good by Palm Springs standards.
-While I have only rated this a "3" I would like to give this another chance and encourage folks to visit if they are near the air museum. It is on Crossley Road.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

I am lucky my grandma in Mexico does not know about this website because she will be heartbroken when I say that La Perlita's Chile Relleno is better than hers!!

This place is great! we stopped before we back to LA after a night away at Agua caliente resort and we were very pleased!!

My wife said the beef taquitos were life changing and everything is authentic, fresh and of superior quality!!!

I highly recommend it and I may drive all the back there from LA just to try that chile relleno again!!

Reviewed 7 June 2016

This is a small family run restaurant about a mile from Tahquitz Creed Golf Resort. We go there on most of our visits to Palm Desert, even though its a 15-20 minute drive. Check it out, you'll love it.

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

We always make this our first stop when visiting Palm Springs... often visiting multiple times during our stay in Palm Springs. The food is incredible. Shrimp a la Perlita and Shrimp a la Diabla are our personal favorites. The staff is also incredible, ensuring you are well fed before going about your day!