“Wonderful food”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Really cute atmosphere, somewhere between a family coffee shop and a stylish upscale diner. Wonderful service, friendly and fast. The chicken tamale was delicious and so were the black beans and plaintains. They have a mixed menu of American, Mexican and Cuban. The sliders were good and the salmon was very good. They offer "petite" plates so you don't have to have a huge portion, unless you want to.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

We enjoyed excellent service and great food when we walked in for a Tuesday night dinner. One of us had a ahi tuna salad with 2 large pieces of tuna on a bed of greens. The other had the Cuban ribeye withe veggies, rice and beans. Both were delicious. We didn't really have room for dessert but couldn't pass up the flan - thankfully, because it was the best ever and there's always room for flan!

Reviewed 1 February 2012

lol...ok...maybe not everyone is crazy about coleslaw ...but I sure am and it truly is the best with that little cuban flare to it that makes it outstanding!!
Great service, super sweet host. Nice little touch with a free deviled egg instead of bread!! so nice not to always get loaded up with carbs.
I had the fish taco's and never having had fish tacos before I did not know what to expect...totally yummy!! I am sure when I have them anywhere else it will be a tough dish to beat! I also had the asparagus soup which almost tasted better than my home made asparagus soup...and I make dam good soup! The prices were the most reasonable on the strip and its definitely a place I would love to go back to.

2  Thank vonnyline
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Half of Palm Springs showed up the night I first went to this restaurant but I think that was because we had just had a huge power outage. Nonetheless the food was very good and priced reasonably so I imagine they draw a good sized crowd on any night. Their menu is Cuban themed and if you have not had this taste before then I suggest you go give it a try.

Although they were very crowded the staff was very pleasant and managed to make the wait seem not quite so long.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

We first found Rick,s last March 2010 when we were staying at a budget hotel on North Palm Canyon Drive . There are 2 "Ricks" one that serves superb breakfasts and lunch until 3pm ( a little like an American Diner) and the other a little further down the road on the corner of VistavChino and Palm Canyon Drive, which opens at 3pm until, I believe around 11pm, which serves evening meals and is more of an "evening" place.

The food in both places is excellent and although not " up market" it is good "homemade "type of food. Service is friendly and efficient.
The prices are good and as an example , I had one night a really nice T bone steak with Fies and a selection of vegetables for $17.99/. Another occasion I had a Cuban rib eye steak with Garlic with a selection of potatoes or Rice and black beans, for $15.99.

I believe that they will also shortly be serving Draft beer , besides tha usual bottled variety. Good for Cocktails too.

They are classified as Cuban American food. Well worth a visit. We keep going back.