“Wonderful food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rick's Desert Grill
Ranked #26 of 316 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Cuban, Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Really cute atmosphere, somewhere between a family coffee shop and a stylish upscale diner. Wonderful service, friendly and fast. The chicken tamale was delicious and so were the black beans and plaintains. They have a mixed menu of American, Mexican and Cuban. The sliders were good and the salmon was very good. They offer "petite" plates so you don't have to have a huge portion, unless you want to.

Visited February 2012

Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Walking distance from Rendezvous B&B”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

We enjoyed excellent service and great food when we walked in for a Tuesday night dinner. One of us had a ahi tuna salad with 2 large pieces of tuna on a bed of greens. The other had the Cuban ribeye withe veggies, rice and beans. Both were delicious. We didn't really have room for dessert but couldn't pass up the flan - thankfully, because it was the best ever and there's always room for flan!

Visited January 2012
White Rock, Canada
“Best coleslaw ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

lol...ok...maybe not everyone is crazy about coleslaw ...but I sure am and it truly is the best with that little cuban flare to it that makes it outstanding!!
Great service, super sweet host. Nice little touch with a free deviled egg instead of bread!! so nice not to always get loaded up with carbs.
I had the fish taco's and never having had fish tacos before I did not know what to expect...totally yummy!! I am sure when I have them anywhere else it will be a tough dish to beat! I also had the asparagus soup which almost tasted better than my home made asparagus soup...and I make dam good soup! The prices were the most reasonable on the strip and its definitely a place I would love to go back to.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank vonnyline
Rancho Mirage, California
“Very good food for a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Half of Palm Springs showed up the night I first went to this restaurant but I think that was because we had just had a huge power outage. Nonetheless the food was very good and priced reasonably so I imagine they draw a good sized crowd on any night. Their menu is Cuban themed and if you have not had this taste before then I suggest you go give it a try.

Although they were very crowded the staff was very pleasant and managed to make the wait seem not quite so long.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
london uk
“Good food at Ricks Palm Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

We first found Rick,s last March 2010 when we were staying at a budget hotel on North Palm Canyon Drive . There are 2 "Ricks" one that serves superb breakfasts and lunch until 3pm ( a little like an American Diner) and the other a little further down the road on the corner of VistavChino and Palm Canyon Drive, which opens at 3pm until, I believe around 11pm, which serves evening meals and is more of an "evening" place.

The food in both places is excellent and although not " up market" it is good "homemade "type of food. Service is friendly and efficient.
The prices are good and as an example , I had one night a really nice T bone steak with Fies and a selection of vegetables for $17.99/. Another occasion I had a Cuban rib eye steak with Garlic with a selection of potatoes or Rice and black beans, for $15.99.

I believe that they will also shortly be serving Draft beer , besides tha usual bottled variety. Good for Cocktails too.

They are classified as Cuban American food. Well worth a visit. We keep going back.

• Visited January 2012