“Peaks - Just Average”
Review of Peaks Restaurant

Peaks Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peaks Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 350 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palm Canyon Road
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We visited Peaks on a weekday at 12:30. The place was not crowed and we were seated immediately. Our waitress (Lu) was pleasant and very attentive to our needs. I ordered the Mandarin Salad. It had watercress greens with stems, which I found annoying. Impossible to get a fork full of salad in your mouth without the stems sticking out. The dressing was okay, but I was not satisfied with the dish. Another member of my party ordered the Caesar’s salad and said it was pretty good. The other member of my party had the hamburger and fries, which was said to be very good. I tried the fries and they were very good. The prices were higher than the adjacent cafeteria, but you are served and avoid having to wait for open tables to sit and eat your food and you don’t feel rushed. If I did it again, I would enjoy the views from the mountain and then head back down the hill to another restaurant.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We usually avoid tourist spots or restaurants with a view because the food is usually overpriced and sub-par. Unfortunately, despite the good reviews, we found this to be the case at Peak. The restaurant overlooks the valley although there were clouds that evening so there was no view but I'm sure it can be spectacular. We did have great views from the tram on both the way up and the way down. The restaurant is adjacent to a very busy (and loud) cafeteria and although there was nice music playing, there is a lot of ambient noise. It was also VERY drafty inside and we were cold, even while keeping our coats on, and our food got cold very quickly after it was delivered. We ordered one appetizer (flatbread with brie and apricots and reduced balsamic) which was liked by half of our party. We had one burger, one pork chop, one pasta primavera, one chimichurri steak and one beer (we had wine from the outside bar that we brought in with us) and our dining bill was over $180. All four of our meals were bland and unremarkable, which didn't fit the price tag. Our server started off a bit rude but the service did improve with the meal. We all regretted not taking the tram down and going out to dinner in Palm Springs where there's a great variety of fabulous restaurants at half the cost of this one. I wish that I'd read a review like mine before booking a table (the restaurant WAS sold out and so it was necessary to make a reservation).

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Skip the restaurant , bring your own snacks is my recommendation. Our appetizer arrived at the same time as our meal - 42 minutes after we were seated. The flat bread was cold- and when we asked should this be cold - reply was 'no' with no offer to take it back. Sandwich bread was stale and by now you know why i said bring your own. But! If you are just simply too famished- I would suggest the 'cafeteria' adjacent to the restaurant as you would then at least get warm food and you won't have any expectations of 'service'. While waiting we had time to drink 3 cups of coffee - large ones - we had to ask for refills every time- the views and the good company made the day - and I didn't even mine the tramway wait as the gift shop was interesting.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Our experience at the Peaks restaurant was very positive. Food was fine and service was good. I see other reviews that are less positive, but we had no issues

Reviewed 4 December 2017

2 of us got pork chops, 1 got the meatloaf, 1 got the brick chicken and all were very good, treat yourself to a nice experience at this place, service was great too.