All reviews social hour other guests hot tub other resorts nice guys clothing optional resort men's resort gay male low key continental breakfast is full kitchen yogurt happy hour stay in palm springs nice pool close to downtown killian
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Escape over MLK weekend. We both were very impressed with the accommodations, facilities and service. The rooms are nicely appointed with comfortable beds and a full kitchen. We were fortunate enough to meet some really nice guys while at the pool. The owners (Mark and Greg) offer a social hour with wine and cocktails on weekend nights which was also a very nice touch! The staff were all very friendly and made us feel welcome. The resort is located in a quiet neighborhood about 5 minutes drive from the center of Palm Springs. We will definitely be back next time we visit the area!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AdamT2002
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you very much for your review, I apologize for my delayed response as I apparently missed this one. However, we are a very happy you enjoyed your visit and meeting other guests. We are so fortunate to have a great group of guys who visit and wonderful staff to help us make Escape a special place!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

This is my new go-to place when I stay in Palm Springs to escape the chilly north! The other resort I used to go to started cutting corners on service, so I started trying out different ones. I really like this one. The resort is an intimate and quiet place to relax, grab some sun and enjoy the views of the mountains. It's a smaller resort, so it's really easy to meet other guests who I've discovered are a good mix of friendly people from all over the world. They host a happy hour on weekends and have a good selection for breakfast food. Staff are super friendly - among the best in Palm Springs. Prices are pretty good, especially considering our exchange rate - my fellow Canadians, take note!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Johnny M
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thank you for mentioning what a great group of guys we get here at Escape. We have repeatably seen our guests make long term friends while visiting, often timing their return trips to overlap. It is a great thing to see.

We are also very happy you have made us your "go-to" place, it is always a pleasure when you visit!

Reviewed 5 January 2018

I cannot recommend the Escape Resort highly enough. We stayed in a variety of hotels around California from Los Angeles to Monterey but the Escape Resort was by the far the best - and the cheapest. Really engaging staff, spotlessly clean, big spacious rooms. I could go on. Thank you for an amazing 3 days - we just wished we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wimbledonian3
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thank you for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed your visit and do hope to see you another time soon!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Very good resort, small very clean, rooms are comfortable quite big even the smallest one. a small patio in front on the room. Nice pool. social drinks on week-end. Nice ground. good breakfast.
Staff and owner are very nice and helpful.
Close to downtown.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thanks for your kind review, we hope to see you another time soon!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

This is a quiet, non-party smaller venue for the unclothed gay male located on the San Lorenzo gay promenade but walkable to Warm Sands. It is clean, attractive and the couple who operate the venue are friendly, helpful and always present.
The rooms have modern styling a la Ikea and the rates are on the low end for Palm Springs. The outdoor area is beautiful with a meaningful pool and jacuzzi. The clientele is middle aged to older.
The continental breakfast is spartan but you will want to go out anyway.
Highly recommended for a quiet, pleasant home base to explore Palm Springs and Coachella.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a small patio to themselves which is worth asking for.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thanks for your kind review! We would like to let others know that we are also 1 mile from the center of downtown Palm Springs, so that is easily walk-able as well. We hope to see you another time soon!