All reviews social hour hot tub other resorts nice guys clothing optional resort men's resort gay male meet other guests low key continental breakfast is full kitchen yogurt happy hour stay in palm springs nice pool close to downtown property
Reviewed 5 January 2018

I cannot recommend the Escape Resort highly enough. We stayed in a variety of hotels around California from Los Angeles to Monterey but the Escape Resort was by the far the best - and the cheapest. Really engaging staff, spotlessly clean, big spacious rooms. I could go on. Thank you for an amazing 3 days - we just wished we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wimbledonian3
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thank you for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed your visit and do hope to see you another time soon!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Very good resort, small very clean, rooms are comfortable quite big even the smallest one. a small patio in front on the room. Nice pool. social drinks on week-end. Nice ground. good breakfast.
Staff and owner are very nice and helpful.
Close to downtown.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thanks for your kind review, we hope to see you another time soon!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

This is a quiet, non-party smaller venue for the unclothed gay male located on the San Lorenzo gay promenade but walkable to Warm Sands. It is clean, attractive and the couple who operate the venue are friendly, helpful and always present.
The rooms have modern styling a la Ikea and the rates are on the low end for Palm Springs. The outdoor area is beautiful with a meaningful pool and jacuzzi. The clientele is middle aged to older.
The continental breakfast is spartan but you will want to go out anyway.
Highly recommended for a quiet, pleasant home base to explore Palm Springs and Coachella.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a small patio to themselves which is worth asking for.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thanks for your kind review! We would like to let others know that we are also 1 mile from the center of downtown Palm Springs, so that is easily walk-able as well. We hope to see you another time soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

As in all of my previous reviews I have nothing but good things to say about Escape. Nothing has changed. Your hosts Mark and Greg run a top-notch operation, and have an excellent staff. Rooms are serviced daily. Bathroom is spotless. The beds are the most comfortable I have slept in in a long time. Great pool and spa. New office and kitchen area. Excellent morning assortment of cereals, pastries, fruit, etc...and plenty of coffee. I have been staying here for several years now, and look forward to my next visit in Spring of 2018

Room Tip: The closer to the pool the better; great scenery!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank versdeguy
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you, we truly appreciate you and all of our frequent guests! It is guys like you that make Escape the comfortable and friendly place has been our goal to create. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I've been shopping around Palm Springs this summer trying various resorts to replace previous favorites that have been sold and changed. I was seriously pleased with my 3 night stay at Escape. I've already booked another stay for 4 nights.

Away from the crazy environment of Warm Sands, but close enough to the center of town to have easy access to the good restaurants and night life.

This is a small property with just the right number of rooms to give it a warm, friently and intimate feel. The pool is pristine and warm, perfect for after dark swimming and hanging out without getting cold in the evening air. The hot tub is, well, ... it's HOT.

The towels, linens and pillows were very high quality and the bed is more comfortable than my own at home.

Serve yourself continental breakfast is simple, but adequate. It offered the usual assortment of yogurt, bagels, spreads, gourmet coffee and juices.

Housekeeping is about the best I've ever experienced. My room was always made up promptly in the morning and was super clean when they were finished. I was very impressed with the obvious pride they take in their job.

The owners live nearby and were frequently on the property watching over things. It's a very well run operation.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Mark H, Owner at Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

We are so happy you found us and look forward to your next visit! Thank you so much for posting your review too.